Chapter 2

After shaking Liam awake, I climbed out of the car and stretched my arms and legs. It had been a long and tiring ride, but now we were parked at Ralph Lauren.

“Oooooh! My legs hurt” Liam whined as he took of his thick jumper and revealed a blue t-shirt with his baggy jeans; I laughed and reached into the car, getting my purse. After Liam had thrown his jumper in, we walked to the entrance. It was huge! I’d never been to Ralph Lauren before; it was too expensive for me. Liam grabbed my hand as we got inside; He showed me where the women’s clothes are and helped me look for things.

“This is nice” he held up a frilly, long-sleeved top, I shook my head.

“Definitely not” I replied stubbornly, he shrugged and put it back.

********************

We were driving to Topman now. Liam and I had already been to two other shops after Ralph Lauren and we had loads of bags in the back of my car.

“Okaaaay! We’re here!” I yelled as we pulled up.

“Cool, hey I was thinking, wanna do a Twitcam with me when we get back?” he asked as we climbed out of the car.

“Yea, that would be awesome!” I chimed and jumped up and down.

“Stop doing that before someone notices!” Liam joked and I stood still, pouting. We walked to the entry and I heard some shouting and flashes, but brushed it off, it was probably nothing. I held some clothes that Liam had chosen as he tried some others on in the changing room. I looked down at my shoes and twiddled my fingers. The noise still hadn’t stopped and it seemed to be louder now.

“How’s this?” I turned and saw Liam standing near me in a plaid button-up shirt. I nodded and stood up from the futon I was sitting on; his collar was sticking up so I folded it down.

“Nice mate!” I exclaimed, he hugged me, and then went back to the changing room to change back.

“Who are you then?” I heard a soft voice from behind me. I ignored it; they couldn’t be talking to me. “Oi, don’t ignore me!” they laughed and I felt the seat sink slightly to one side. I looked up and, sitting next to me, I met two blue eyes. Louis Tomlinson was sitting next to me looking at the clothes over my arm.

“What do you mean?” I asked backing away from his close proximity.

“Why did Liam hug you? Oh, god! He isn’t cheating on Danielle is he! How could Liam do that!” he rambled on.

“Liam hugged me ‘cause I helped him, no, he is not cheating on Danielle. I’m his cousin!” I sighed and shook my head.

“Oh! Sorry ‘bout that. Hi I’m Louis Tomlinson” he held his hand out to me.

“Hi, I’m Alexis Payne, nice to meet you” I shook his hand and smiled at him, he smiled back.

“Well, at least your not fangirling” he said cheekily

“Well, just you wait.” I stated, winking at him.

“We’ve all heard a lot about you, Liam really misses you. On tour, promoting, he never shuts up about you.” We both laughed.

“Ok, prove it, when’s my birthday?” I smiled evilly.

“March 8th. You were born in 1993.” He said confidently.

“Oh, smart” I complimented him “My dogs name.” I emphasised ‘my’ because I had my own dog, and a family dog.

“East, because it’s a direction and you got her when we formed on The X Factor, personally I think that is very cute.” I giggled and nodded.

“Ok, last one… Um,” I tried thinking of a tricky one, one Liam couldn’t possibly have told them all. “Most embarrassing moment?” I hope Liam hadn’t told them this.

“Oh, I know that, you where doing a singing performance and tripped over, ripping your skirt so everyone could see your underwear. I don’t think Liam should have told us that, but we were talking about relatives and… it slipped out, sorry.” My mouth dropped open, how could Liam tell them!?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

“Who did he tell?” I asked annoyed.

“Don’t worry it wasn’t all the boys, Me Liam and Zayn where feeling home sick and we talked about people we love and miss, he talked about you and when the topic of embarrassing moments he accidentally said that, Me and Zayn swore to secrecy, we wont tell anyone!” I smile at him.

“How’s this Lex?” Liam called not coming out this time, I stood up and walked over, I heard Louis behind me.

“Nice, LiLi!” I looked at the white polo he was now admiring in the mirror. “Oh, look who I found, well, who found me…”

“Hi Daddy!” Louis yelled and ran into the changing booth.

“Boo! Hey, what you doing here, mate?” they hugged and then stood awkwardly.

“Shopping, running from press, the usual!” Louis joked. Liam nodded in agreement.

“Well, I was just taking Lex shopping. I haven’t seen her in so long!” he grabbed me and gave me a light noogie. I pushed him off and sorted my hair out. “We should probably be going now anyway.” Louis nodded.

“Ok, mate. Oh and be careful, there are paps looking for me…” he trailed off. We nodded and said goodbyes. Liam grabbed my hand and we walked to the counter to pay for Liam’s things, while Louis wandered off to look at the clothes.

“Look, look! Liam Payne, its Liam Payne!” Some one screamed behind us as we walked to the door, bags in hand, we both looked round to see about a dozen photographers and a load of reporters.

“Who’s this Liam! Who’s this girl?! Liam, Liam!” one of them yelled as they started to run towards us, lights flashing. Me and Liam dropped our hands and legged it to the car. We climbed in and I started the car just as Liam clicked his seatbelt in. I drove as fast as I could, within the limit, of course, to my house. Liam looked back and told me we’d lost them so I slowed down.

********************