✿ SIXTEEN ✿

"I think you're wrong for that

"I think you're wrong for that."

"And I think I did well. At least, Meiying is proud of me. She has her own room like a big baby."

Chohee smiled at Chenle's remark, shaking her head. The man in front of her was undoubtedly attractive. His hands ruffled through his black hair, and his glances were all over the place. The curious gleam in the dark orbs was fascinating, shimmering a little more every time his lips extended to a malicious beam.

"You're so funny!" She said in between two snickers.

"I know." Chenle half-smiled, feeling proud.

"Jeno could never."

Chenle's signature laugh echoed through the Korean Grill house, stealing a smile from her rosy lips. "Oh my God! You're still mad at him?"

"Well, maybe if he didn't tell you guys to vote me out on Among us, we would still be friends. But, he chose betrayal."

"You vented right in front of him!"

Chohee's eyes widened, offended by the claim. "It was an accident! My hand slipped!"

He cackled at her cute behavior, before nodding his head. Funny how Chenle had the same conversation with Jisung earlier in the morning, and all he did was tease him. But now he felt like comforting her and hyping her for being a good player. "Yeah, you're right. Although he saw you, he shouldn't have betrayed you."

Chohee gave in to a sweet closed-eye smile. "I knew I could count on you."

"You know, we've only been talking for a few days, but I feel like we've been best friends for years." And he was right. In twenty-four hours, he got to know about her as much as she learned about him. First, their facetime late at night yesterday, and now, the long conversation around a table of Bulgogi, Jeyuk Bokkeum, and Samgyeopsal Gui was what they both qualified as quality time.

"Tell me about it. At first, I was very nervous about being a partner—"

"What? Why? I'm nice!" To say Chenle was surprised would be an understatement.

Chohee chuckled, taking a sip of her cola. "You are, and I never thought otherwise. But I was expecting us to not share interests, which would make the discussion fall flat between us. I hate it when that happens. Also, you're a little intimidating when you aren't smiling."

"Do I look like a bad boy?" He wriggled his eyebrows playfully, not minding the impact it could've had on her heart.

"I... um... Yes... Maybe."

"So, you're saying I look sexy when I'm frowning? Should I frown more?"

She gulped, suddenly feeling flustered. "No... I mean, yes... I mean— Oh!" The blush arousing her lips was covered by the flourishing expression of delight.