Back On Track

Update

After a time of ruffled feathers I'm back to considering flying again. It has been a few months where my adult kids have needed extra support for what they are going through and I am hoping to get back to where I left off - making music.

In March, I released the Change My Mind album and it was a soft start. A few weeks before and a few weeks after I did all I could to promote it. But COVID 19 came and I got sick with something similar for three weeks. So I lost my momentum. Journalists were super focused on COVID and a 3 hour long interview never became the release article I had hoped for.

During the Spring. I partook writing the Change My Mind book as I continued to make music videos for the Change my Mind album. I dropped Come to Me and The Vine. Then, two of my kids had break ups and my husband had vacation. After a long and very intense summer and fall being a mom and a wife in all this I stopped producing music and the book and started learning mastering when I had time to get into it. It was easier to study for an hour at a time or listen to a podcast while cleaning. So that is what I did. 

Some of what I have been learning about mastering I have shared earlier in Volume Three of the Indie Musician's Diary: the course from ProSoundFormula.com and podcasts by Ian Shepherd. I am looking forward to continuing with these soon. In addition to mastering I am learning how to use the latest tools in the last Logic Pro X update (10.5) - Live Loops, Sampler, Drum Machine and more.

People don't understand what a long and steep learning curve there is in order to be able to release music in house.

Better light in the studio

I just bought a led light ring on a stand from Amazon to better the lighting in the studios when I do podcast/videos and because I will be being interviewed soon on a Youtube show (November 10th). 

Planning releases

Planning releases

I know that life gets constantly in the way but without a vision I won't get anything done. So now I made up a plan to go forward. I am picking out a few songs that I want to release before Christmas. Planning that they will be a good group to bunt together as an album later. More details, later. When I release, I will be releasing one song at a time to keep the interest up. 

Statistics

I took a second to check my statistics on Spotify: Most of my listeners are from various towns all over Sweden, are primarily female and between the ages of 35 and 44. There was a spike when I release the album and then things calmed down after about a month. Still very few followers (19) is this really worth it? No, but I do it anyway. Nuts? Maybe!

Social Media

I am not actively on my Twitter account because they have constantly been choking my feed. De-boosting and laying search bans on my content for no apparent reason. Getting sick and tired of them at this point. Every time I follow twenty people, they take away 100. Bad business practice!

I joined Parler and Rumble recently. Parler is great - sort of like Twitter. Rumble is supposed to replace YouTube but I  don't know....we'll see. My handle on Parler is ElisabethKitzing and on Rumble is not as cool as YouTube.

That's all until next time. https://linktr.ee/ekitzing