21 | DON'T FUCK WITH ME

NAYLAN

I don't know what has gotten over Mavis, but whatever it was, was simultaneously making me happy and suspicious at the same time.

I had planned to wake up a bit earlier so he wouldn't fret about us cuddling in our sleep, but when I did wake up, we were still tangled together, and Mavis was awake.

Staring right at me.

My mouth has parted to say words, but when he leaned in to kiss my forehead before muttering, "good morning," I just concluded he had lost his mind, and I shouldn't try to snap him out of it.

"Err..." I trailed, not too sure what to say. "Good morning?" I wasn't too sure of myself. Maybe there was a script I was supposed to be following? Was Mavis in his right mind or was he play-acting something?

He smiled at me, closing his eyes a bit, and I watched his chest rise and fall with every breath before closing my eyes too. We stayed in bed together until the alarm I set for eight in the morning went off.

"We should take a shower and get ready. Leigh tends to call guests out for breakfast at ten," I explained when Mavis' eyes peeled open before they started towards my vibrating phone on the bedside table as his brows knitted into a frown.

I sat up in bed, before reaching out to grab my phone and turn off the alarm. "I'll take a shower first. You can sleep. I'll wake you up when I get back," I said, putting my phone away before getting up on my feet.

"How about I join you?" Mavis asked, sitting up in bed.

"Hmm?"

"Join you in the show. It'll be quicker that way, right?"

My face warmed up at the thought of that. The bathroom was small, and there was no way we wouldn't be pressed up against each other. Again, what the hell came over Mavis?

"I—w-what?" I ended up blubbering. I know that I had suggested sex yesterday, but that was keeping in mind that it would happen later, sometime in the distant future. I wasn't sure how I felt about staring at a naked Mavis in the shower.

Mavis sighed, getting up from the bed before going to grab the towel he had used yesterday that was draped over the coat hanger by the door.

"I'm coming along," he said, not giving me an option this time.

I nodded, watching him open the bedroom door before slipping into the corridor. I grabbed my towel, following behind him.

It seemed that Adyen had gotten up earlier than us because I could hear him chatting with Leigh below the stairs. I could hear Georgiou too, so he must have gotten home sometime early in the dawn.

I didn't have too much time to think about that, because Naylan had slipped into the bathroom, and I hurried behind him.

At first, I wasn't sure what I expected, but Nayland hanging up his towel before proceeding to brush his teeth wasn't something I had imagined.

"Are you just going to stand there?" he asked after spitting into the sink and turning up the tap.

"N-no..." I trailed, hanging up my towel too as he rinsed his mouth. I grabbed my toothbrush, forcing myself to look away as he took off his clothes. It didn't help much, since the smell of him was just as embarrassing. He smelled like the woods—like a perfume making bark and clean fur. It made my stomach tie up in knots. And I didn't notice when I had stopped brushing and was just staring down at the porcelain sink.

"You know, you don't have to wait for me to be done, we can share," he said, making a tingle run through my spine as I snapped out of my thoughts.

"I'm fine," I managed to get out my lips. "I can wait," I added, rinsing my mouth without turning to look behind me.