; o2

Seokmin ran through the castle halls, gleeful and merry, sunshine on his lips and daisies between his teeth, nimble legs hurrying along in their knee-length bottoms, navy blue and adorned with gold embroidery.

"Prince, come back!"

The call of his guard echoed off the robust walls, enriched by tapestries and fine paintings, shaped with swirling columns and wide arches, but Seokmin giggled with more joy, excited to be finally playing a game.

It was Sunday and he had to be fitted for a monotonous event with his father later that oncoming week, but oh how he loved to tease his guard with his mischief, have them play a quick game of cat and mouse before surrendering himself to his loathsome schedule.

"Prince, please!" And Seokmin's smile dimmed, "His majesty will be upset if we're late!" Seokmin's laughter died.

The gleaming shoes he wore stopped their pattering upon the sleek stone and he bleakly looked down at them as he came to a standstill, only scarcely watching how his chest rapidly fell and rose with every needy breath of air.

"Thank heavens, you've stopped."

Seungcheol's voice was drastically closer than before and Seokmin startled at the hefty hand that set itself upon his shoulder. He lifted his chin and was met with the kind smile his guard gave him; he tried to wear one of his own. Seungcheol's face took on a look of sympathy at the abysmal attempt, however, and his hand patted the little Prince's tousled hair as consolation.

"Stand straight, your Highness, lest your eternal light be dimmed by such trifles."

Seokmin did as told, squaring his petite shoulders, restraining his features into a sombre expression, and Seungcheol turned them around to where they came, where Seokmin knew awaited an hour of standing and posing as the court's tailor cared for his outfit.

"There will be someone new today with you, Prince," Seungcheol airily informed as they strode past a couple maids and servants, successfully grasping the young boy's attention, "The tailor's son will be joining us as to learn better his father's skill. He's but slightly past your age and as boisterous as you. I do believe you will get along well."

Seokmin's heart bound and leapt with instantaneous joy at the knowledge of it all, the grin returning to his lips and a glow rekindling in his mahogany-tinted eyes.

"Really?" He exclaimed as his steps morphed into skips, "Do you think he'll like me? Will we become friends?"

Seungcheol guffawed, fondly gazing upon his ruler.

"But of course, your Highness, you are nothing but a treasure to be around and a pleasure to have close."

》》》

thanks for reading!
please vote, comment and share