Happier

'Cause baby you look happier, you do

My friends told me one day I'll feel it too

And until then I'll smile to hide the truth

But I know I was happier with you

-Happier//Ed Sheeran//
---

"Finally you made your relationship public! I'm proud of you, Didi!" Caesar exclaimed to a very happy Dylan Wang one Saturday Night. It was Darren's birthday and every cast of meteor garden and even Angie Chai, attended to have a mini reunion. They were all seated at a restaurant that Darren booked for the whole night to give them some privacy.

Dylan hugged Caesar, a sigh of relief encompasses his tensed body when his skin made contact with his best friend. Ever since the paparazzi video of him was uploaded on weibo, he has always been anxious and nervous on what his fans and the public would think of him dating a non-showbiz personality.

But Dylan's girlfriend makes him feel safe and calm. She makes him feel human. Dylan genuinely loves his girlfriend and when he made the announcement on weibo. He was overwhelmed by the amount of support his fans had posted on the comments.

"When can we meet her?" Connor asked him while stuffing his face of carrot cake.

"Next time, when she's not busy." Dylan replied then took out his phone to call his girlfriend. He excused himself and stepped outside of the restaurant.

Meanwhile, Shen Yue who was sitting prettily in a yellow summer dress was trying to hold herself together.

It's killing her to see him so happy with someone else.

She sipped lightly on her apple margarita she had been grasping with her right hand a little too tightly since the party has started. She had been sitting all alone in the bar, away from her friends and Dylan because she needed some alone time to think.

Dylan has always been giving her some mixed signals and would act like he sincerely has feelings for her. He would always compliment her whenever she is insecure, make sure she doesn't get sick during filming her new shows, and would always facetime her before going to bed.

So it came as a shock when he announced that he has a girlfriend. She tried to be happy, but she can't face everyone for she was too heartbroken.

"why are you sitting her all alone?" the familiar voice had disrupted Shen Yue's thoughts. She tilted her head slightly to see Dylan Wang with his phone in his hand. He was looking at her curiously and before she could reply, Dylan sat next to her on the restaurant bar stool and ordered a beer from the bartender.

They were a few meters apart from everyone else and from the looks of it, it looks like they were having an intimate conversation with each other.

But Dylan has a girlfriend and Yue knows that they will never be together.

"I'm tired."

"Why?" dylan's face asked in a confused voice. He placed his phone on top of the bar counter and Yue's eyes diverted from the screen. She saw a text message from his girlfriend.

"I'm not in the mood, Wang He Di."

Wang He Di.

Dylan knows that if Yue calls him by full name, she's either mad or upset about something.

"Did I do something wrong?"

"Why did you go for her?"

They both said it at the same time and Yue mentally cursed herself for asking the question.

"Sorry?" Dylan couldn't really understand why Shen Yue was acting this way and now she's asking why did he go for his girlfriend? He took a good look at her. She was dressed in a sophisticated way that makes guys admire her for being a charming girl.

She has light make up on but it was the way she was looking at him, that makes him pause.

Shen Yue was looking at him with hopeful eyes and some other kind of emotion that he couldn't really identify.

"Why her, Di?" Yue looks so vulnerable and the way her voice cracks while trying to hold herself together finally made Dylan answer her question.

"I love her, Yue." Dylan's voice was dismissive, like it was the easiest thing in the world. He took a big gulp of his cold beer as he tries to ignore Yue's stare.

"But I love you."

Dylan's choked on his beer and reluctantly look at the girl who was seconds away from crying. His eyes widen at the revelation as everything finally made sense. Dylan sighed to himself as he scratch the back of his head.

"Oh, Yue. I know exactly how it'd be if I love you." Dylan confessed before sipping on his beer again. He has this emotionless expression in his face while he stared at Yue.

"But you don't" Shen Yue blurted out as tears began to form in the corner of her eyes.

"No, I don't" Dylan winced at his reply. He didn't meant for it to sound so straightforward and rude. The thing is, Dylan has always been a direct person. He doesn't beat around the bush and he says what he thinks. He just doesn't hold back.

He could see that Shen Yue was about to cry so he offered her his handkerchief. She took it in her trembling hands and wiped the corner of her eyes. Dylan's gaze soften as he could see how Shen Yue was doing everything in her power to not breakdown and cry.

She's always transparent when it comes to me

"Shen Yue... I'm so sorry." Dylan meant it. He felt bad because Yue thinks he led her on. Guilt started to overpower his emotions and he wanted to badly hug Yue.

"I'm tired, I don't think I can stay here any longer." Shen Yue stood up and gave back Dylan's handkerchief to him.

"Yue, please. I don't want to lose what we have." Desperation filled Dylan's voice as the thought of losing his friendship with Yue was now at stake.

Why is the universe punishing me for loving someone else? Dylan thought bitterly.

"No, I'll be fine. I need to say goodbye to Darren first." As Yue turned around, Dylan quickly grasp her soft hands making Yue paused and turn to face him. Dylan slowly let go of her soft hands, a familiar feeling rushing through him.

Maybe it was the beer or the way Yue's looking at him right now, but whatever it is Dylan thinks that she deserves to at least know the truth.

"You want the truth? Okay, fine. I did like you but you were always so dismissive whenever I tried flirting with you so I thought that I didn't have a chance to be with you. You're always so gentle and calm and you keep on saying that you like gentle guys..." Dylan began confessing which made Yue froze.

He used to like me?

Dylan ran his fingers through his perfectly combed hair as he chugged on his beer before slamming it a little to hardly on the bar counter. His face was unreadable and soon enough, he stood up and stared into Yue's eyes.

"But even if I did like you, it still wouldn't matter. I love her, Yue. So, I'm sorry but I can't risk everything just because you confessed. Go to Darren." Dylan took one last look at Yue who has tears formed in the corner of her eyes then sighed to himself.

I'm sorry Dylan thought while looking at her.

"I-it's fine. It's not the first time my heart got broken anyway." Yue confessed while trying to wipe her tears.

Dylan tensed at the mere thought of Hu Yi Tian but quickly relaxed when Yue surprisingly hugged him. He savored the moment and wrapped his arms around her, his chin resting on top of her head as the familiar feeling warmed up into his body.

Shen Yue hugged him as if it is the last time that she'll ever see him. She hugged a little too hard as if she's afraid that he'll leave. Surprisingly, Dylan hugged her back, tightly which made her smile against his chest.

She needed to be happy for him because seeing him happy makes her happy, too. So she swallowed her pride and feelings and forced to stop thinking about him with someone else because he never was hers to begin with.

After what felt like minutes, Yue reluctantly escaped his grasp then gave him a small but sad smile.

"I'm happy for you, didi. Take care of your heart." And before Dylan could reply, Yue turned around and left, without even saying goodbye to their friends.

Dylan stood there dumbfounded and was mere seconds away from chasing her when his phone lit up on the bar counter. He looked at it and saw he had a text message from his girl.

He smiled then remembered that he has a girlfriend and the thought of Shen Yue being his was just a mere nostalgic dream.

Dylan then began typing, seemingly forgetting about the heart that he had broken that night.

---

Yep, this oneshot was long overdue and I couldn't really find the heart to finish this lol. Anyway, whatever your take is regarding the video of him and the girl, I hope you will still support him and love him the same way. Xxx