2

"So dude, can you take me to your car?" Soos asked. He had gathered all his tools and seemed ready to fix anything that was wrong.

"Yeah," Steven said and began walking to show him the way. "Hey, thanks for giving me a job. I'm really trying to find myself lately."

"Yeah dude, of course," Soos responded. "My first job was at the shack and I fell in love with it. You said your car was at the edge of the forest?"

Steven nodded. "I don't know what's wrong with it. You think you can fix anything though?"

"Oh definitely dude," Soos said, staring into the distance. "Is that it?"

"Yes," Steven affirmed, walking quicker to get to his car. "She's old."

"I can see that," Soos said, placing a hand on the hood. "Alright dude, give me the keys and I'll try and see what I can do."

Steven rummaged his pockets for his keys and tossed them to Soos. "Thanks again man."

"You can go back to the shack if you want," Soos said, his full attention on the car. "This shouldn't take too long."

Steven gave him a thumbs up and walked back to the shack. But instead of getting all the way there, he saw Wendy driving past in a van and slam on the breaks. "Dude! Wanna come into town? I'll show you around!"

Steven shrugged and got into the passenger seat. "So you're in college or what?"

"Community college baby!" Wendy said and turned up the music. "Oh I fucking love this song!"

She sang along loudly and banged her head, hitting the road dips head on and pulling into a parking lot into town. She reached over and turned down the radio. 

"Whoa, what's the population here?" Steven asked, seeing tiny shops around.

Wendy shrugged. "Like, five hundred maybe? My graduating high school class was only sixteen kids, so we're pretty small. C'mon... I'll show you around."

"Okay," Steven said and she began giving him a little tour.

She showed him the grocery store, the McDonalds, her favorite coffee shop, and a pizza joint. He was impressed. He told her that to get pizza in beach city he had to drive to the town over, which granted, was not that far away, but still a different town. And they walked about five minutes away from town square and saw a huge crater in the Earth.

"Whoa," Steven said.

"Yeah, it's cool, right?"

Steven touched the ground and said, "I could fix this, if you want."

"What do you mean you could fix it?" Wendy asked.

Steven kissed the ground, and the little spot sprouted with flowers.

"What the fuck?" Wendy said. "How did you do that?"

Steven raised up his shirt. "I'm half gem. Space rock alien things, no big deal. I have healing powers."

Wendy stared at him with a look on her face like 'what the fuck.' "I cannot believe another weird fucking anomaly just waltzed into our town again."

"What do you mean, again?"

"Like, four years ago this dude Bill Cipher tried to take over the world and all of us had to fight him and shit," Wendy explained. "Dip would be better at explaining it."

"I've been through similar stuff," Steven said. "Nothing can be crazier than when Spinel came and erased everyone's memories and almost destroyed all life on Earth."

Wendy stared at him.

"Oh and I haven't even told you about when the Diamonds kidnapped me because they thought I was my mom," Steven said. 

"Dude," Wendy said stoically. 

Steven looked at her confused and said, "Oh, no, it's not bad or anything. I mean I FaceTime with my therapist every week to talk about it and stuff."

"Well that's good, I guess," Wendy said. "Anyways my house is over there. My dad and brothers are doing boot camp this summer and I got out of it this year."

"Oh nice!" Steven said.

-

"Oh hey dude, I fixed your car," Soos said as Steven and Wendy walked into the shack.

Steven sighed happily. "Thank you man. It's outside?"

"Yep," Soos said and tossed him the keys. 

"Alright, I gotta get home for dinner," Wendy said and grabbed her coat off the rack. "I'll see y'all tomorrow."

"Bye Wendy!" Soos said. "I'll see you tomorrow, 9 am."

She gave him the thumbs up and walked out. The bell rang and Steven began exploring the shack. He walked up the stairs and saw a door. He opened it cautiously to see Mabel and Dipper chatting on their respective beds.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't know anyone was in here," Steven said and started walking out.

"No man, it's all good, come in," Dipper said and Steven walked in and sat down on the beanbag chair. "What'd you and Wendy do in town?"

"Oh, she just showed me all the shops and stuff," Steven said.

Mabel went "Ooh!"

"What?" Dipper said, annoyed.

"Looks like you're losing her Dip," Mabel teased.

"What?!" Dipper exclaimed, his face darkening to red.

Steven was confused, but he realized what she was talking about quickly. "OH, no no no! I have a girlfriend!"

"Oh..." Mabel said sadly.