Chapter one

I watched Riley draw the sunset, she's laying down on the blanket we put down for our picnic. A celebration of our last day of freedom before we go to college. Riley turns around with the biggest smile and my heart beats extremely fast. This feeling won't go away and I don't understand why.

" Hey come closer, let's take some pictures," Riley says as she stands up and picks up her camera.

I looked at the sunset one more time, noticing it's getting darker and closer to us leaving for college. The feeling of sadness washes over me, I just don't want time to hurry up. I made my way to Riley and she held her hand out for me to grab it.

" Our last night of freedom" We smiled and my eyes never left hers. She's the one I'm always looking at. Riley turns to look at me and her sparkly blue eyes stare into my hazel ones. This moment is something I will cherish.

Riley smiles get bigger and I hear the camera go off but both of us can't seem to look away. " I'm glad we're doing this together."

"Yeah me too" She walks away to pick up our stuff but I can't stop thinking what would've happened if I just kissed her. We've done it once but it was a dare and we were drunk. To me, it was something I've never felt before but it's probably because that's the first time I kissed a girl. I could never fall for my best friend.

" Okay so at 5 am we should wake up and take our showers. Then around 6, we should be dressed because our drive to our dorms is far." I told her as I helped her put the blankets away in the bag. " That's something I'm not looking forward to. You are driving first, I need my sleep".

"Hey, not fair" I laughed at her but she shrugs and walks to my bedroom window. " I'm going to miss your bay window. The amount of times I sneaked in there." she sighs " Memories but hey no curfew at college so I won't have to sneak in".

" Just don't make too much noise or I will get a new roommate" I followed her lead and got in my room. Riley would for sure get in the dorms late and that's something I'm not excited about. " hey! You can try and find a better roommate than me. But you love me so much you can't kick me out".

Yeah, maybe a little too much. 

      ~~~~~~~~~

" It's way too early for me. Thank Goodness I'm not driving" Riley whispers as she puts her boots on. I check if I'm missing anything, It would suck to drive for 5 hours just to forget something at home.

"Yeah wow good for you." I sarcastically told her while I rolled my eyes.

" Whatever let's go, I need to take my nap because standing here isn't helping my case of having more sleep. Come on" She pushes me out of the door. My parents are helping us put our stuff in my car.

" Jules you are growing up so fast" My mother hugs me tightly, letting tears fall to my coat. I smiled and pulled away telling her to not worry. I know I'm growing up and my life is just starting.

" Sweetie, how can I not worry? You are leaving and won't be living with us anymore." she hugs me again and jeez I'm trying to be nice but I'm super excited to finally get away and make my own rules. I need this freedom from my family. That being said, I will miss them." Mom, I have Riley with me. Everything will be fine" I reassure her. 

" Yeah, Mrs. Martin everything will be fine. I will take care of your daughter." Riley hugs my mother as I say goodbye to my dad. I look around for Sarah, my little sister. " Where's Sarah, won't she say goodbye?"

" She's sleeping, I don't think she will wake up at 6 am. Maybe when she's awake and you made it to the dorms you can just call her" I shrug and tell her that's fine and make way back to my car. Riley smiled and sat down in the backseat, this girl will be the death of me.

" Adiós Familia de Jules." Riley laughed which let everyone laugh. God, she's so adorable and that's when I know I'm fucked. Anything Riley does my heart warms up and I don't understand how. She's just my best friend, yeah I'm just so happy to be best friends with her.

" Okay, I see you. Your Spanish is getting better. "  I started the car and look at Riley one last time.  She's now laying down using all the seats and has one blanket over her. " Well, all thanks to you. I've picked it up a lot since I'm always at your home. Goodnight, drive safe and wake me up when we're there." and now she's asleep. I look at her for some more seconds. I can't imagine my life without her and this weird feeling has arrived again. Ignoring it, I drive out and this is Jules, your journey starts now. Now I'm wishing everything goes well.

While I drive to our new home, I just think about my childhood. Mostly the memories Riley and I made. Like the time Riley and I failed our math test because we forgot to study since we stayed up watching the Twilight movies. Hey don't look at me like that, twilight is my guilty pleasure.

I smiled at that memory. Riley has always been there for me, the day I had my first boyfriend if you call middle school relationships real. Or the time when my grandfather died, she was always there and I'm scared to lose her. All the way to the dorms my thoughts we're filled with amazing memories. 

Change is scary and I just hope college doesn't suck and nothing drastically changes. 

But life isn't perfect and everything will change when we arrive at college. I just wish time could slow down. 

~~~~~~
Ahhh so first chapter. How do you feel? This is just the beginning and the introduction to Jules and and Riley. Obviously things will get better later on. If there's any spelling error or anything let me know! I really tried my best.

I'm very excited for this, okay bye