Part Five

(Fade back to the bedroom of the castle where Megan is still crying. There is a 'clink clink clink' at the door. She gets up and walks over to open the door. Queen Delightful enters with Bashful and their entourage.)
Megan: Who is it?

Queen Delightful: (from outside the door) Queen Delightful, dear. (door opens) I thought you might like a spot of tea.
Megan: (amazed at the fact that she is listening to a walking tea set) But you're... you're a... (bumps into the wardrobe)
Wardrobe: Ooh! Careful!

Megan: (sits on bed) This is impossible-

Wardrobe: (leans 'shoulder' on bed, popping other end and Megan into the air) I know it is, but here we are!
Bashful: (as sugar and cream are being poured into him) I told you she was pretty, Queen Delightful, didn't I?
Queen Delightful: All right, now, Bashful. That'll do. (Bashful hops over to Megan, who is sitting on the floor) Slowly, now. Don't spill!
Megan: Thank you. (She picks up Bashful, and is about to take a sip of tea.)
Bashful: (to Megan) Wanna see me do a trick? (Bashful takes a big breath, then puffs out his cheeks and blows bubbles out the top of the cup.)
Queen Delightful: (admonishingly) Bashful!

Bashful: (looking guilty) Oops. Sorry.

Queen Delightful: (To Megan) That was a very brave thing you did, my dear.

Wardrobe: We all think so.

Megan: But I've lost my friend, my dreams, everything.

Queen Delightful: Cheer up, child. It'll turn out all right in the end. You'll see. (She looks up, startled) Ooh, listen to me... jabbering on while there's a supper to get on the table. Bashful!
Bashful: (hopping away) Bye!
(Megan stands and the wardrobe approaches her.)
Wardrobe: Well now, what shall we dress you in for dinner? Let's see what I've got in my drawers. (The doors fly open and moths flutter out. She slams them shut.) Oh! How embarrassing. Here we are. (One door opens, the other serves as an arm. It pulls out a pink dress.) Ah! There, you'll look ravishing in this one! (Something to think about: We never hear of a King or Queen or parents, so what is a Prince living on his own doing with a wardrobe full of women's clothing? Maybe he wants to be a lumberjack!)
Megan: That's very kind of you, but I'm not going to dinner.
Wardrobe: Oh, but you must!

Grumpy: (waddles into Megan's room) Ahem, ahem, ahem. Dinner... is served.
(Cut to Happy pacing back and forth in front of fire, with Queen Delightful and Doc looking on.)
Happy: What's taking so long? I told her to come down. Why isn't she here yet?!?!
Queen Delightful: Oh, try to be patient, sir. The girl has lost her friend and her freedom all in one day.
Doc: Uh, master. Have you thought that, perhaps, this girl could be the one to break the spell?
Happy: (angrily) Of course I have. I'm not a fool.

Doc: Good. You fall in love with her, she falls in love with you, and- poof! The spell is broken! We'll be human again by midnight!
Queen Delightful: Oh, it's not that easy, Doc. These things take time.

Doc: But the rose has already begun to wilt.

Happy: It's no use. She's so beautiful, and I'm so... well, look at me!
(Doc shrugs his shoulders and looks at Queen Delightful.)
Queen Delightful: Oh, you must help her to see past all that.

Happy: I don't know how.

Queen Delightful: Well, you can start by making yourself more presentable. Straighten up, try to act like a gentleman.
Doc: (adding in) Ah yes, when she comes in, give her a dashing, debonair smile. Come, come. Show me the smile. (Happy bears his ragged fangs in a scary, and yet funny grin.)
Queen Delightful: But don't frighten the poor girl.

Doc: Impress her with your rapier wit.

Queen Delightful: But be gentle.

Doc: Shower her with compliments.

Queen Delightful: But be sincere.

Doc: And above all...

Both: You must control your temper!
(The door creaks open. Happy wipes the silly face off, and looks to the door expectantly.)
Doc: Here she is.

Grumpy: (enters) Good evening.

Happy: (goes from expectant to mad, growling.) Well, where is she?
Grumpy: (buying time) Who? Oh, ha-ha-ha! The girl. Yes, the girl. Well, actually, she's in the process of, uh, um, circumstances being what they are, uh... she's not coming.
(Cut to exterior of den with door slightly ajar)
Happy: WHAT?!
(Door bangs open and Happy comes running out, with the enchanted objects giving chase)
Grumpy: Your grace! Your eminence! Let's not be hasty!
(Cut to ext of Megan's room. Happy runs up to it and bangs on the door.)
Happy: (yelling) I thought I told you to come down to dinner!
Megan: (From behind the door) I'm not hungry.
Happy: You'll come out or I'll...I'll...I'll break down the door!
Doc: (interrupting) Master, I could be wrong, but that may not be the best way to win the girl's affections.
Grumpy: (pleading) Please! Attempt to be a gentleman.
Happy: (growing angrier) But she is being so...difficult!
Queen Delightful: Gently, gently.

Happy: (very dejected) Will you come down to dinner?
Megan: No!
(Happy looks at the objects, very frustrated.)
Grumpy: Eh-eh-eh-eh! Suave, genteel.

Happy: (Trying to act formal, bowing at the door) It would give me great pleasure if you would join me for dinner.
Grumpy: Ahem, ahem, we say 'please.'

Happy: (once again dejected) ...please.

Megan: (mad at Happy) No, thank you.

Happy: (furious) You can't stay in there forever!
Megan: (provokingly) Yes, I can!

Happy: Fine! Then go ahead and STARVE!!!! (To the objects) If she doesn't eat with me, then she doesn't eat at all! (Happy runs back down the hall, slamming a door and causing a piece of the ceiling to fall on Doc.)
Queen Delightful: Oh, dear. That didn't go very well at all, did it?
Grumpy: Doc, stand watch at the door and inform me at once if there is the slightest change.
Doc: (Taking guard position next to door) You can count on me, mon capitan.
Grumpy: Well, we might as well go downstairs and start cleaning up.
(Cut to interior of Happy's lair. Happy enters, knocking over and destroying things in his path.)
Happy: I ask nicely, but she refuses. What a...what does she want me to do- beg? (picking up the magic mirror) Show me the girl.
(The magic mirror shines, then glows green and reveals Megan in her bedroom, talking to the Wardrobe)
Wardrobe: (in the magic mirror, pleading) But the master's not so bad once you get to know him. Why don't you give him a chance?
Megan: (still disturbed by the attack) I don't want to get to know him. I don't want to have anything to do with him!
Happy: (setting down magic mirror, speaking tenderly) I'm just fooling myself. She'll never see me as anything... but a monster. (another petal falls off the rose.) It's hopeless.
(Happy puts his head in his hands as in a depressed state. Fade out/Fade in to ext of Megan's room. Door creaks open. Megan silently emerges. We see her feet go by as three bright spots shine through a curtain at floor level. Behind it are Doc and the featherduster.)
Featherduster: Oh, no!

Doc: Oh, yes!

Featherduster: Oh, no!

Doc: Oh, yes, yes, yes!

Featherduster: I've been burnt by you before!
(Doc and the featherduster have emerged and he takes her in his arms. Suddenly he looks up and sees Megan walking down the hall. He drops the featherduster.)
Featherduster: Oof!
Doc: Zut alors! She has emerged!

I've had a hard time thinking of who could be Wardrobe and Featherduster, so I'll edit this once I think of who could be those two.