*twenty*

Vote and Comment ❤️

 Indigo sat in the car next to her twin brother Violet

Indigo sat in the car next to her twin brother Violet. Kenji drove the car as Ameena sat in the front seat, her head leaning on the window with a solemn expression on her face. "Umm so who's in the hospital", Violet questioned as he smacked on his bag of Doritos.

About an hour ago there aunt received a phone call from someone. Since then she has not said a word to anyone. She looked sorrowfully and there were a few traces of regret in her eyes. Letting out a small sigh she quietly responded, "Mary is sick".

Scrunching his nose together Violet asks, "Who the fuck is that". Everyone stifles a laugh towards his bluntness. "My mama and y'all grandmother", his aunt explained to them .

Tilting her lips to the side Indigo interjected saying, "I though we don't fuck with her". Running her hand through her bone straight Amenna just shrugged looking out the window. The twins made eye contact each other having a silent conversion with each other as an awkward silence came over the car.

After some encouragement from her now fiance Ameena started speaking. "I have five other siblings as yall know, I was the baby. But what you don't know is that I have a different dad from the rest of them. Mary cheated on her husband with my dad. So I was always the odd one out. And of course she treated me different from the rest of my siblings so we never really got along with them. The only sibling I messed with was yall dad. When he was around no one in that household bothered me".

Pausing the story to drink some water she continued speaking, "The minute he died they started fucking with me. It was to the point where I will stay at friends houses overnight. I legit hated it there. When I turned eighteen I dipped out that bitch".

Everyone was quiet as they digested the story. Indigo laid her head on her twin's shoulder as she silently tried to break the story apart. The whole time her aunt was fighting for her she was also fighting for herself.

In that moment Indigo made a promise to herself to grind as hard as she can. Not for herself, but for her aunt. So one day she can buy her a house or car, just something to give back and appreciate her.

As if he knew exactly what she was thinking, Violet brought her closer to him, placing a small kiss on her forehead mumbling to her, "And you will". Indigo smiled softly back to him in response.

Turning the her aunt Indigo questioned, "If she did allat why you still give a fuck bout her". As they stopped at a red light Ameena turned around her seat looking at the two teenegers straight in thier eyes.

"The Art of Forgiveness".

The twin's aunt watched a shadow of confusion come over their faces. "Ion believe in forgiveness", Violet responded as he shrugged his shoulders with an I don't care attitude.

Taking a hold of his hand she spoke to him gently, "The two of you have the purest hearts and souls. By holding grudges you're darkening it and mentally harming yourself. Let go". With that she turned back around as the twin sat in silence clearly pondering her statement.