A Seeker is Born

Year 2025, 6 months after SAO

"Are you sure you want to do this, onii-chan?" Sugu Kirigaya asked her "brother". "It's only been six months since you escaped that death game. You need to rest!"

"I'll be fine Sugu," Kazuto Kirigaya replied with a soft smile. "I promise."

Sugu, although hesitant, nodded and left Kazuto's room. After she left, Kazuto placed his Nervegear on his head before he said, "Link start!"

In a burst of colored light, Kazuto appeared in the character/race selection room. The room was nothing special. It was a black colored room outside of a blue, techno-style cylinder made of rings.

"Please type in your name," a computerized, feminine voice said, as a holographic keyboard appeared. "Next, choose your gender."

Kazuto typed, "Kirito", and then rolled his eyes as he chose "Male" as his gender.

"Choose your avatar," the voice spoke once again as two male avatars appeared in front of him. One was wearing a tan trench coat, khaki pants, tennis shoes and a dark shirt. The avatar also had red-ish hair and a goatee.

The second avatar was dressed in what looked like tights that were colored blue and had tan stripes on the sides and arms, with a blue cape that was clipped to the suit by a blue circular crystal. The avatar's hair was golden blond and the bangs looked like the letter "M."

Not even a second later, Kirito chose the first avatar, but changed the trench coat, pants, and hair to black along with the eyes. He then confirmed his choice and appeared in an Italian city.

"I wondered when you were finally going to join," an older male voice said as Kirito turned around and saw a man wearing a blue suit with a necklace around his neck. "My name is Metz, welcome to Venice. Please follow me, Kirito."

Kirito cautiously followed Metz. As they walked, Metz informed Kirito of the Seekers and the Titans. As well as a little bit of the fairies. By the time Metz was done explaining, they had arrived at a four story home that was almost orange in color and had white stone and painted wood around the outside windows. It also had a staircase leading up to the front door.

"Nice Place," Kirito stated as he gazed up at the house.

"It's yours," Metz told him.

Kirito looked at the man in shock.

"What?" Kirito asked, his eyes wide.

"It is a "Thank you for freeing everyone from my brother's death game" gift," Metz replied.

"Brother?" Kirito's eyes widened as he came to a sudden realization. "You're Akihiko Kayaba! One of the Creators of Huntix Online!"

Metz, or Kayaba, just smiled and nodded.

"Training begins tomorrow night," the man told Kirito as he turned and walked away from the newest player of the game. "Try not to be late."

2 months later

"You are finally done with training, Kirito," Metz told Kirito as the newest Seeker smirked. "Now you are finally a Seeker."

Metz handed him an amulet with wing-like features and two needle-like points with one of the needle-like points below the green gemstone embedded in the center and another one above it. Kirito then glowed a green color as he bonded to the Titan in the Amulet.

"This is yours now, Kirito," Metz replied. "What is that Titan's name?"

"Solwing," Kirito said as gazed at the Amulet.