Chapter 10

Once they were finished eating, Natsu grabbed all the plates and began rinsing them off. Not paying attention ,he didn't notice the knife sliding down as it sliced him across his palm, 

"OWWW" he screamed in pain as he closed his eyes making Lucy jump off the couch and come rushing over. "Natsu!". "Back off I'll be fine" he snapped as he grabbed his hand and ran for the bathroom to get into the cabinet for band aids. 

Seeing him struggle, Lucy went to help as she tried to take the bandage to put it. "I'M FINE!" he shouted as he ran his hand under water pressing his lips together so he wouldn't yell from the stinging. 

 Once the blood was gone for a few seconds, he quickly wrapped it up and walked angrily up the stairs. Layla started after him, but Lucy gripped her shoulder hard shaking her head as they watched him disappear into the bedroom.

 Later that night, she carried Layla up into her bed and tucked her in. "Hey baby, tell me something, why were you stuck on daddy so hard today?" she asked wanting to know. Lucy sat there as she watched Layla thinking about it. 

"He makes me safe" she answered sleepily. With a warm smile, she stood up and kissed Layla's head as she turned around and shut off the light but looked back at her one more time. "Me too baby girl" she thought as she walked into her room. 

Natsu was sound asleep but he still looked tense to her. Getting in, she reached for him but pulled back hesitating as she held them in the air. "Come on, you can do this" she told herself as she reached for him again wrapping her arms around his stomach as she rested her head on his pillow. She let out a breath thankful as she felt his hands grip hers. 

Poking her head up, she saw he was still asleep. "Lucy" he called out making her blush as she laid her head back down. "Natsu..I love you too" she thought as she fell asleep. The next morning, Natsu woke up early and got himself dressed in a loose t shirt and sweats with a pair of sneaker. 

"Natsu...what are you doing?" Lucy asked barely awake. "Going to the gym .and your coming with me" he told her bluntly. "Huh?" "I told you I am not letting you out of my sight. And I meant it.. I know you can't do much nor should you but even if you just do some yoga or sit. I am not leaving you anywhere alone" "Do I get a say in this?" she asked. "Sure" he said dryly. 

" I don't want to go to the gym" she said. She wanted to see how far he would go. " Sorry but I'm not leaving you alone so your coming with me" he said as he started walking out. Natsu!" "Hey I said you could get a say, I never said I would change my mind. I'm going to get Layla up and ready for today. Wendy should be here soon. Try to get dressed soon" 

"Why the hurry?" He turned his head slightly as she saw only half his face but what she saw made her nervous. "Because I need to hit something" he said bad tempered. She didn't say anything as he walked away. "Layla, sweetheart , it's time for you to get up" he said gently as he shook her arm lightly as her eyes twitched as she opened them. "Daddy" she said quiet and happy. 

   " Morning" he greeted. " You gotta get up okay?. Wendy is coming over for your schooling" he said nicely. She nodded her head as she hopped out of her bed and went to her dresser. 

Grinning, he patted her head as he walked by and went downstairs. He got her breakfast ready for her as she came down in a blue shirt and jeans. She came over and got into the chair next to the counter. "Thank you" she said as she started eating her cereal. 

" No problem" A knock came to the door making them both freeze as Layla went to say something but Natsu held a finger to his mouth shaking his head as he went to the side table to grab his handgun. 

He snuck to the door holding his gun , he felt his chest getting heavy as he held his breath as he got ready to open the door. "Daddy" she whispered scared. "Natsu ,it's me" Opening the door, he let out a breath of relief.