Pilot Prologue

A/N 1: Came up with this a couple of days after MatPat's Unus Annus Theory video, so this should be fun. Please keep in mind when commenting that this is just a pilot chapter. I guess this is an AU for Unus Annus sooo... enjoy?

-------------------------------------------

On November 14, four people -- Mark Fischbach aka Markiplier, Amy Nelson, Ethan Nestor aka Crankgameplays, and Evan Bilda -- had suddenly vanished from Mark's home in LA, California, with no evidence, leads, or clues on how or why they disappeared. Police had investigated the crime scene and after no days of information... All fours have been deemed, unfortunately,... Dead after seven years with no new information on their possible whereabouts.

Social media platforms, like Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, et cetera, had been blowing up left and right wondering what could have happened to them. Information from these outbursts says that the crew was preparing to make their final video for a channel the Youtubers created called Unus Annus -- A one year, self-destructing YouTube channel about the inevitability of the end of time and death and conquering their fears.

Today would be their 23rd Anniversary since the channel published its first video back in 2019. A convention will be held in Las Angeles, California, on November 15, to celebrate the channel, to mourn for the missing persons, and to pay respect to missing people's families. The website to purchase tickets have been posted on all social platforms, so reserve those tickets now while they are still available. We hope to see all you folks there... Now to John with the forecast and weather.

"Yep, if you didn't know... It's November 13th -- the real day all these guys disappeared. My parents, along with anyone who watched the channel religiously, are still shaken to this day about this news... It's not like it has gotten any better with the news' annual forecast or any time in November.

"All four of them... Going missing a day before the finale was supposed to be published. This... Really gave the fans and theorists mixed emotions at first. Twitter blew up about Ethan posting the video late (which apparently isn't the first time it's happened, according to my sources), then to 'haha bet this is a bit because of all those codes and secret messages from all those past videos', then came anger and confusion after day 3 of not posting... Then came anxiety and worry. Ever since the finale wasn't posted, nothing had been posted on Mark and Ethan's respected channels. Nothing in their YouTube community page. Not even their social media had a single new post. This worried the masses greatly and word spread like a fucking wildfire. Fans and followers asked both creators' friends and family if they had any information about them. Nothing... Eventually, the police got involved and started searching top to bottom of California. They were filed as missing persons... Until enough time passed by for them to be legally announced dead... The world mourned for them, their friends, and their families... Nothing has been the same after that."

'They should have known that the inevitable end was coming... Of course, the way it turned out was never expected, but still- It was coming sooner or later. No need to make a vlog and tell the whole sob story about it to the people-'

"Oh, shut it, figment of my imagination."

'I do have a name, y'know. Unus, if your damaged brain can remember.' 

"I don't see the point if you're not even real."

'And this is why I hate trying to reason with others. You sound like Annus, Enora."

"Fuck off!-" said girl exclaimed, batting at the empty air like a pesky fly was there. Unus sighed before disappearing to what she always guessed was either some kind of spirit world (the hopeful side of her mind) or to the back of her mind/subconscious (the annoyed side of her mind).

Enora Nearlan has been living the past several years with a ghost-like man named Unus... She had no idea how it came to be nor did she know of any trauma that would produce such an annoying schizophrenia 'ghost'... Not that she could remember anyway.

But this is her story. And only her's (and Unus's) to tell.

-----------------------------------------------

A/N 2: For all Broken AU readers- don't worry. I am writing the next chapter rn. Just wanted to get this idea out into the world before I forget.