Chapter 3

WARNING: Violence and mild language ahead. Read at your own risk.

Chapter 3: A test of skills

"Atsuko... You have to survive. Live and find someone that loves you..."

*Beep. Beep.* Acchan's alarm clock rang. Acchan woke up and rubbed her eyes before stretching. "Someone who loves me..." Acchan said to no one in particular.

Acchan got up from her bed and prepared herself for the day before heading down to the cafeteria to eat her breakfast.

"Atsu- I mean, Maeda!! Wait up!!" Takamina called out to Acchan. Acchan ignored Takamina and continue to walk to the cafeteria. "I guess I got no choice..." Takamina said.

"I said wait up didn't I?" Takamina appeared in front of Acchan surprising her. "W-what? H-how did you? I mean... There and here..." Acchan was shocked that Takamina could appear in front of her when she was right behind her moments ago.

"I'm not an assassin for nothing you know? Plus, I'm the captain of the elite team... Which means the best among the best. If I can't even do a simple thing like that, I would have died already." Takamina said with a smile on her face.

"How did you...?" Acchan asked. Takamina sighed and grabbed Acchan's hands. "Forget about that!! Let's eat something already!! I'm hungry~~" Takamina said and dragged Acchan over to the cafeteria.

*Her hands...are so warm...just like mom's...* Acchan thought as she looked at Takamina's hands. "You know, the best food in the cafeteria is my favourite, katsudon!! I can eat that everyday~~" Takamina said as she walked along the corridors to the cafeteria.

They walked pass an extremely huge screen that flashes numbers and ranks of the members of Team48. "What's that?" Acchan asked as she stopped and pulled Takamina towards the screen. "Ah... That's the scores and ranks for the team practice. See? The first position is still my team." Takamina explained and pointed at the broad.

"Hold on... I don't remember the cafeteria being so far away..." Acchan said as she tried to remember the way to the cafeteria. "Actually... I'm suppose to bring you around the place. Since you will be with us for awhile..." Takamina said.

Takamina brought Acchan around the headquarters and explained on the way what various rooms was for. After an hour, Takamina brought Acchan to a huge tower which was different from all the places that they went to.

"Welcome to Team48's elite team's tower~~ We have way better facilities than the other divisions." Takamina said as she brought Acchan to a room. The room had a name plate at the side that reads: "Maeda Atsuko's room"

"This..." Acchan said as she saw her name on the name plate. "The room where you slept last night was just a temporary room while we were preparing this room for you." Takamina explained as she opened the door of the room.

As Takamina opened the door and stepped into the room, Acchan was stunned by the size of her room. "Y-you call this a room?" Acchan asked Takamina. "Oh? Is this too small? We have larger rooms though... I will ask them to change another room for you if you want..." Takamina said as she took out her phone.

"W-wait!! This room is way too big for a girl to stay. I can't sleep in an extremely huge room by myself." Acchan said. "Too big? I find this room kinda small..." Takamina said and put her phone back into her pocket.

"How about you stay in my room?" Takamina asked. "Eh? Well, it's better than sleeping alone..." Acchan considered. "I will inform them about this..." Takamina said and called Mariko to tell her that Acchan wants to stay in Takamina's room.

"Sure~~ If the midget herself is happy, why not? Just don't do some...um...things inside when we are around~~" Mariko said and quickly hang up the phone before Takamina could protest. "What things?!" Takamina shouted but Mariko had already hang up the phone.