Museum of Regrets

Jaime was the first in her collection and the one that Belle regret the most. Belle still sighed as she touched his hair and gazed into the empty sockets where his eyeballs used to be. Her time with him had been a roller coaster between happy nights of romantic bliss and fierce fights that sent the neighbors running. Belle had formed relationships with partners who were kinder and more stable since then, but the first cut was truly the deepest.

The next addition was the fashionable Mr. Albert Rochelle. He was a classic tall, dark, and handsome fellow and his charming persona won over Belle's heart in an instant. Unfortunately, Mr. Rochelle had also won over the hearts of several other women, one who Belle happened to discover on a particularly dreadful evening. That was no good to Belle. Belle looked over the remains of Mr. Rochelle with admiration. Even in death, his high cheekbones and perfectly symmetrical skull showcased his dashing good looks.

Third on the list was the gentle, soft spoken Clair. Belle had fallen in love with the passionate, yet tender expression on Clair's face when he was caring for his beloved plants. Before Clair, Belle would have thought that talking to plants was foolish, but when she saw the beautiful blooming roses that painted Clair's garden, she couldn't help but wonder if flowers blossomed more beautifully when they were treated with love. Sadly, Belle could never get Clair to look at her the way he looked at his roses. Belle gazed lovingly at Clair's skeleton and recalled how fortunate it must have been to be a plant under his care.

Next to Clair was Taylor and next to Taylor was Jordan and next to Jordan was Alexander. They were all good men, each with so much potential, but none of them were fit to stand next to Belle in the end.

Belle swirled around to face her guest. She rarely had visitors in her cellar, but there wasn't an ounce of anxiety within her. After all, this was her special place, for a very special collection.

"Lucky number seven. That's you, Mr. Peter Hoi Cheung. We've had such a wonderful 6 years together, but I found the divorce papers hidden in your desk at work. Why do you have those?" purred Belle as she lovingly stroked the side of Peter's face. His soft, smooth skin felt wonderful under Belle's fingers. It was truly unfortunate that skin didn't last very long after death.

"My my, whatever is the matter? Your eyes are bulging out of your skull," murmured Belle as she playfully poked the mouth gag that prevented Peter from screaming. "Is there something you wanted to say? Too bad for you. I don't really need an answer for why you want to leave me. What really matters is that you will join these gentlemen and stay with me forever. How wonderful, my love."

Belle pressed her lips against Peter's cheek for the last time. Sweeping his hair away from his forehead, she stared longingly into the earthy, kind eyes that had always looked at her with love. It really was such a shame. Belle allowed herself to admire Peter for a few moments longer, then she took a step back and grabbed her tools.