Legends of beginnings

Bedtime stories are usually happy

Bedtime stories are usually happy. They whisp you away into a blissful sleep. That is what is intended, but this story is anything but a happily ever after.  It shall begin with isolation and sadness, it will end in deciet and treachery. 

Like all bedtime stories, our scene takes place a long, long time ago. 'Far, far away' is a planet known as Terra. Terra is a planet with two moons that cycle in a way that means there is always a moon showing and on some occasions both can be spotted from east and west. It is only a small planet but has the fauna, water, land and breathable air to inhabit life. However, within the creation on inhabitance, something went horribly wrong. One creature walked the land for years alone. This creature was an Argent, a tree-like being that can walk and talk like a human on Earth. Argents are massive beings even compared to trees that only lack the soul needed to become an Argent. Our first being was named Primis. Primis loved to scour the land of Terra and imagine the potential creatures he hoped would join him. He would wake with the dawn and watch as the light slowly cast away the shadows of the night and hope would encompass his very soul. Every morning he would bound out from a deep crevace that he had taken shelter in the previous night to find nothing but fauna and water, the same as before he closed his eyes. All this disappointment began to poison his mind and took away his hope. For a while, Primis gave up on his travels and hibernated until he could no longer. Years would pass by before any sign or his awakening. Finally, when he could no longer sleep away the monotonous days and nights, he decided to try one last time or perhaps he had gained enlightenment. On his travels, Primis fell upon something new. New didn't happen. New was a sign. Excitement was all he could feel, it poured from him as he stared down on the newly found body of water. All this excitement for water seems ludicrous but to Primis, it symbolised the hope that he once lost. Unaware of how to handle the phenomenon, Primis sat on the heated grass beside it that had cooked under the suns beams. As the grass moulded to the shape of him, Primis became disheartened. Only when a cold chill brushed his leaves did he realise it had become night already. Due to the location of the planet, freak weather conditions were known to occur often so staying out at night was a bad idea. Primis rushed for the closest shelter, knowing that this was the worst location possible to rest. Where he lay his head that night was only a few feet away from the body of water he had discovered, but far from any other water source or food source, it was in the middle of a field of flowers. Something baffled Primis about it, the thing that gave him so much hope, it looked man made. Arched over it like a handle on a bag was intertwined branches. As stated previously, no trees were near, so where did the branches come from that were sewn into the dirt and covered in moss. It was also cut into a perfect circle and the water was coming from the dirt. Maybe there was a logical reason for this, Primis didn't know everything, but it was definitely strange.