Running The Plate

"Flash is the fastest guy in there! You need something done, he's on it, " Nick told us as we walked through the entrance.

"I hope so. We are really fighting the clock and every minute counts," Judy told Nick as both of us laid our eyes on the workers at the DMV, "Wait! They're all sloths?!"

Just as Judy pointed out all of the DMV works were sloths. Each sloth worked on paperwork, at the slowest pace I'd ever seen...

Of course, Nick took us both to a DMV filled with sloths! I hope the guy Nick talked about is actually the fastest here.

"You said this was going to be quick!" Judy yelled at Nick. Nick fake gasped. "What? Are you saying that just because he's a sloth, he can't be fast?" Nick asked, "I thought in Zootopia anyone can be anything!"

We all went ahead and walked up to the desk, as Nick greeted a sloth. Who I assumed was Flash, the guy Nick told us about.

"Flash, Flash, hundred-yard dash! Buddy, It's nice to see ya," Nick greeted Flash. "Nice to... see you... too," Flash replied, happy as ever.

This was going to take a while, wasn't it?

"Buddy, Flash, I'd like you to meet my friends," Nick said gesturing to Judy and I. "Officer Judy Hopps and Officer (Y/n) (L/n), ZPD. How are you?" Judy asked politely after introducing us both.

"I am... doing... just..."Flash started slowly. "Fine?" Judy asked impatiently. "...as well... as... I can...be." Flash finally finished.

I internally groaned, feeling my eye twitch. 

We had just gotten here and I could tell Judy was growing impatient, just as I was, as she hummed and gave Flash a forced smile.

"What..." Flash began slowly. "Hang in there," Nick whispered to Judy and me, with a smug smirk on his face.

"Can I...do...for you...?" Flash asked. "Well, we were hoping you could-" Judy started but was cut off by Flash. "...today...?" Flash finished.

Judy paused a moment to make sure Flash was done before speaking.

"Well, we were hoping you could run a plate for us. We are in a big hurry!" Judy explained as I nodded eagerly in agreement. "Sure...What's the...plate..." Flash began.

"Two-nine-T," Judy started. "...number?" Flash asked.

"Two-nine-T-H-D-zero-three," Judy said quickly.

Flash leaned over and started to type the plate number at his regular(and extremely slow) pace.

"Two...Nine..." Flash said as he typed. "T-H-D-Zero-Three!" Judy cut in.

"...T..."

"H-D-Zero-Three," Judy said impatiently.

"...H..."

"D-Zero-Three," Judy repeated once more.

"...D..."

"Zero-Three," Judy repeated once again.

"...Zero..."

"Three!" Judy pleaded desperately.

This was taking forever and Nick was enjoying every moment of mine and Judy's torture.

"Hey Flas-" Nick spoke up but I cut him off, by elbowing him. "Don't you dare!" I scolded him.

I just knew he had some kind of trick up his sleeve, and I wasn't going to let him try to make this take up even more of both mine and Judy's time.

Nick rolled his eyes at me but obeyed.

Sometime later Flash had finally run the plate and now had printed a paper for us slowly handing it over to Judy and me.