Part 5

Kazuo stared in surprise at me. Of all the people in the world to come out as an avian he would never have suspected me to be one as well."Miriam? Is this a trick or some kind of joke on me?" "No tricks. No jokes. This is the real me, wings and all. This has been a big mess and a lot of false assumptions were made on my part."Kazuo shook his head and then rubbed his eyes to make sure he was not dreaming.

I sat down on the edge of the bed next to him and finally put his right hand on my wing to let him know without a doubt that my wings were not a sick joke on him. He looked at me with longing, sadness and confusion. "Why didn't you tell me the truth? I've been searching for you all over the school but no one knew about you it seems."I'm sorry Kazuo. This talk is long overdue as is something else."

Before Kazuo could say anything I simply pulled him to me and kissed him deeply. I have been wanting to kiss him like this for so long it was driving me crazy and now with him in my embrace seems seemed right for the first time in years. When I broke the kiss he smiled, sighed and then pulled me into another long and passionate kiss that left me weak in the knees and with a soaked diaper.

I excused myself to go change. "I will be right back Kazuo, I have to change or risk a leak. His mother stared at me in surprise. "I'm medically incontinent ma'am. Have been my whole life. I wear diapers to manage the issue. It's fairly common among avians." I borrowed the restroom and made short work of changing myself into a clean diaper while wishing Kazuo could help me get changed.

Once changed and feeling better I dropped the wet diaper into the wastebasket in the restroom then walked back out to talk to Kazuo some more and try to sort things out. Kazuo and I spent the rest of the day talking and trying to work things out. It was tough to keep our hands to ourselves but he was still in bad shape so I would have to wait to go further than kissing with him.

Once visiting hours were over I promised him that he would see me again the next day after school and homework was done. With Kazuo knowing the truth about me it made my life easier to a point. A few idiots at the school kept teasing me and smacking my wings when they passed by me. There were notes stuck in my locker vents almost everyday and it was getting to the point of being annoying.

With only a week to go before the play Elizabeth was hurt in a hit and run accident. She ended up with two broken ribs, a severe concussion and a broken ankle. She had been crossing the street to get to her car when some idiot came zooming out of the parking lot and didn't see her until he hit her. The asshole never even stopped. Elizabeth would be spending Christmas at home at least, but she was going to be hurting quite a bit thanks to the idiot that hit her.

When all of us assembled for the drama club meeting we had to try to figure out how to do the play without Elizabeth. Leave it to Amy to come up with a crazy idea that would force me into the spotlight ."Why not have Miriam play the part? She knows the lines as she has been helping Elizabeth memorize them. She also plays the harp and the flute perfectly. She even has real wings and does not have to use wires and fake wings to fly. That lovely Jade green kimono is actually borrowed from Miriam so I know it fits her perfectly."

"I'm flattered guys, but it wouldn't work out. Amy, you know why it wouldn't work out so why recommend me?" Jane spoke up politely."Miriam, we all know about your incontinence. None of hold it against you or think less of you because of it. We can easily give you a long enough break between acts to change if you need to do so.We can set up a changing table for you and Amy can change you."