Entry #3

Journal,

Professor Woods visited today.  I remember back in the ninth grade she would always help us train, but ever since she transferred to Gallagher she hasn’t been around much.  It’s sort of a bummer, really, because she used to balance Hughes out.  It used to be that Woods was the hardass and Hughes would act like himself just to compensate for all the hardassness, but now Hughes is a hardass all the time.  I guess someone has to be.  That’s sort of the point.

But oh man, there is nothing funnier than watching Woods and Maggie together.  They are actually the same person.  I’m not kidding.  They fight the same way and they run drills the same way and they’re both so ridiculously stubborn.  I don’t even think they know it.  It’s downright hilarious.  Woods lights a flame under Maggie’s ass so much hotter than Hughes does, which, of course, pisses her off to no end.  Here’s a tip for you, Journal.  If you’re ever given the choice between sparring with Charlotte Woods or Morgan Goode—run, because that probably means that they’re in the same room as each other and you will most likely die in the crossfire.

Bill’s doing alright.  Just in case you were wondering.  Still no word on that whole Captain thing, so everyone’s still bickering.  They seem to all listen to Bill though, and Bill listens to me.  Technically, I’m calling the shots.

When Woods left, Hughes let us play Running Rats.  It’s basically this game where we break off into two groups and try to retrieve something from the other team.  It’s called Running Rats because Hughes assigns a “rat” to each team.  A double-agent, I guess.  Anyways, we just have to avoid giving too much information to one person.  Woods has always hated that game.  She says it’s a waste of time.

I’m really good at Running Rats.  I don’t know what it is.  I’ve just always been able to tell who the rat is.  It’s weird.  Like, of all the superpowers that the universe could have given me, I got the ability to play this game really well.  Seems like a rip-off to me.

Anyways, Bill’s yelling at me again, so I guess I’ve got to turn my light off now.  That’s all for tonight, Journal.

Regards,

Will