Ch 9- time skip 4 yrs

**MILO POV**

It was me and Shiloh's 11th birthday.

We were at the waterpark for our birthday and having a cookout and cake and ice cream, even though dad is such a health freak sometimes he wants us to enjoy our birthday though.

Me and shilo are starting middle school in a month. We were having a blast at the waterpark. Jacob was chilling with us.

We all went to where we were set up and we ate some burgers and chips. Then soon it was cake time a little later. I shoveled cake in my mouth trying to annoy dad he rolls his eyes.

That night we were sitting on the couch.
Dad walks in the room.

"You two need a good brushing it seems like you had a lot of sugar today" he says flopping on the couch.

"You bought the cake" Shilo says

I start laughing

"You have to have checkups before you both start school" dad states

Really? I really don't wanna checkup..

I gulped

Was it really that time again?

The next day dad took us to his office. We were sitting in the exam room. Dad was preparing his stuff and Shiloh was waiting in the chair. She offered to go first.

Dad gets his gloves and mask on and begins shilohs examination. I was watching them when I saw Shiloh wince at something. Oh no does she have a cavity?

SHILOH POV

I wince. I had a sore tooth.

"Ahh ha you have a cavity" dad said

I gulp I never had a cavity filled before. I know there is a needle and drill involved.

"Well Shiloh I have to take xrays to see how big it is" he says

Dad takes x-rays of my mouth. He examines the sore tooth.

"I'm gonna fix it real quick, it's pretty small" he says

I sigh

He grabs the numbing jelly and rubs it along my jawline. He lets it set for a few minutes then he says to open wide and close my eyes.

I do as I was told and close my eyes and open really wide. I felt a little pinch. It was not that bad but still a needle in the mouth that was uncomfortable.

He lets that sit for a few minute.

Then he grabs the drill and begins drilling the tooth. It didn't hurt just the vibrations and a bit of pressure.

Once he was finished with the drill he fills it and dries it with a special light.

He polished it then cleans my teeth. He finally returns my chair to normal state

I get up

"Your turn Milo" dad said

MILO POV

I sigh and get up and sat in the dental chair. He does my x-rays first using the bite wing film.
He then reclined me back he then grabs his tools and tells me to open.

I open my mouth and he immediately began examining my teeth, luckily no pain.

He finishes and does my cleaning.
He returns my chair to normal state. Then he lets me get up.

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news, you need braces both of you" dad said

Our jaws dropped we didn't want braces