Final Chapter

Tere Mere Dil

...

1.5 years later:

Tarika tried calling for the 4th time on the top most number of her phone but it didn't connect. She sighed. A lot had changed in last few months. One and a half year ago when she came to this city almost fighting with her family it wasn't so hard. He was there beside her always, whenever she broke down, whenever she wanted to go back. She was sure they wouldn't fall apart like others in this long distance relationship. But she was wrong. After all last time when Abhijeet visited Canada for a week Tarika got a chance to distant herself from him. Was he doing the same?

But, things weren't same with him. Though in gaps, whenever he called he talked usual. While talking to him Tarika never felt distant. She worried when he didn't call.

In between the days and months as the year passed by Tarika got to realize how earnestly she loved this man. He had everything in him which a girl would die for. Keeping everything at bay she admired his supportive nature the most. He's supporting her from the very beginning. He was same in his childhood too.

She remembered the meeting with their parents where Abhijeet broke the news of her leaving Mumbai for study purpose. Ofcourse there was 'what would people say' issues but Abhijeet just shut all of them. Tarika's parents weren't so happy she could tell but she knew it couldn't be better than that. Her uncle still hadn't talked to her. Parul chachi calls on weekend though. And her father called almost daily. He was doing fine with his health. Tarika was relieved listening this. She knew Abhijeet had been arranging all this though he would never accept it. Like the way he took care of her family Tarika also wanted to take care of his family, of him. She now feared, if she ever could get a chance? She feared what if she's shut down from his life. Although Tarika try to make herself ready to accept this she knew she would just break down. She even feared. that she would end up begging to him for not leaving her. She valued him worth of it. But, she never could tell him all this. She would, soon. Summer vacation was coming soon and she was planning to fly to Mumbai. She would tell him all of this.

Leaving her thoughts aside she took her bag to leave for college. A card fell down from her table. She picked it up and looking through it a smile crept up on her face as she travelled in her past

FLASHBACK:

It was day before of her leaving. After the engagement Tarika stayed at Kapoor mention for the week with her family on insistence of Mihir. Tarika accepted because she wanted to spend few quality times with him. It didn't happened though, with Abhijeet busy with his office work and Tarika with her hospital paper works and last moment shopping. Only time they were able to manage for themselves was over late night coffee at balcony. They talked and talked. They talked as if there's no tomorrow. And in between those senseless gossips Tarika found herself being tied with him more strongly. To her surprise, Abhijeet never tried to get romantic with her. And Tarika didn't had the courage.

Like the other days Abhijeet brought two cups of coffee for them as Tarika was waiting at the balcony.

"Thanks." Tarika smiled, taking the mug

Abhijeet smiled back.

Tarika sipped from her mug

"I am gonna miss your coffee." Tarika said resting her back against the balcony railing.

"I am gonna miss you." Abhijeet sounded upset.