Chapter Four

Clay's P.O.V.

While Miranda was in the bathroom, I took the time to talk to Hannah. And see how she was doing since the last time we saw each other. "So, how have you and Miranda been?" I asked, breaking the ice. "We've been doing fine. Not a lot of business at the pharmacy though. So our parents are stressed about that," she answered. I felt sorry for them, and I remembered one time we were hanging out at their house, and we heard Mr. and Mrs. Baker get into an argument about having to pay for the tenant.

"On top of that, we had some of the product shipments get delayed because of the weather," Hannah added. "I'm sorry, I can imagine that's hard," I sighed. Eventually, Miranda and Justin came back downstairs and rejoined us on the couch. "Alright, anybody else need to go?" Jeff asked. Nobody said a word, and Jeff announced what we were going to be doing. 

"Who's up for a few rounds of truth or dare?" Jeff asked, sitting down in one of the cushioned chairs surrounding the coffee table. The majority of us nodded in agreement, and we couldn't decide who was going to go first. "Alright, how about Clay?" Jeff suggested. He had to choose me. Honestly, truth or dare wasn't my favorite game to play at a party, but I didn't want to make a fool of myself in front of the others.

"Sure, I'll go first," I sighed, painting a smile on my face for the others. "Truth or dare?" Jeff asked. "Uh, I'll go with truth," Jeff looked over at Justin for a second, and he whispered something into Jeff's ear, but I didn't know what he suggested as a truth to him. Jeff pretty much knew everything about me, so of course, he was going to need suggestions. "Do you have a crush on any girl in this room?" My cheeks started to blush a deep pink again, and I tried so hard to hide it. "Oh, he blushing! It's obvious he has a crush!" Alex teased.

I looked over at Hannah and Miranda, who looked a little confused, and I could see that they were wondering if it was one of them, but I wasn't going to say who it was, even though the girl I had a crush on was sitting right next to me. "Uh, yes. I do have a crush. But I'm not going to say who it is," I admitted. The others let out small hoots of laughter, and we continued the game.

"Hey Justin, truth or dare?" I asked.  I don't think Justin expected me to call out his name because he had a small look of surprise painted on his face. "I'll do dare," he answered. Even though I wanted to see him do a dare, I had no idea what I wanted him to do. Suddenly Miranda leaned in close to my ear and suggested that I dare him to play Seven minutes in heaven with Jessica. I was reluctant to do that, knowing about her past relationship with Justin, but she nodded her head, silently telling me to go ahead.

"I dare you to play Seven minutes in heaven with Jessica," I said. Everyone started teasing the two of them as they got up and walked towards the back of the basement and into the closet. Jeff had set his phone on a timer. And we anxiously waited to hear about what they were doing in there. After the seven minutes were up, Justin and Jessica came out, and we were anxiously waiting to hear about what they did. "I hate to burst your bubbles, but all we did was make out," Justin sighed after he saw the looks on our faces. The majority let out sighs of disappointment while Hannah, Miranda, and I just looked at each other and smiled, knowing that they were being honest.

"Alright, Alex. Truth or dare?" Justin asked. Suddenly, we heard a loud knock at the front door. "Who could that be?" Hannah asked. Jeff stood up from his seat and went upstairs to answer it. He was gone for a few minutes, and then he came back downstairs with someone following him. When they reached the last step, I saw that it was Skye.