12 - I.E.D

Stiles begins to inform his father in the sheriff's office. "So, the Walcott's were the first. At least, the first that we know about. Four murders. Sean, his brother, and their parents. They were killed by a professional assassin called The Mute. Weapon of choice, a military tomahawk."

      "But then, he was killed by Peter Hale after he tried to blow us up with a Claymore mine." I remind Mr. Stilinski of the other night. 

        Stiles nods before picking up where he was. "Next was Demarco. He delivered a keg to the party at Lydia's lake house and got decapitated outside his car."

        "It's a deadpool." Scott gets straight to the point. He hands over the list that we have of the supernatural that are wanted dead. "A hit list of supernatural creatures. This is only part of it. The rest still has to be decoded."

        Mr. Stilinski grabs the dead pool list, trailing his eyes over it. "Who found this list?"

        "Lydia." I answer. 

        "How?"

        I glance at the other two. "She wrote it." I tilt my head to the side, rethinking that. "Actually, she transcribed it, without realizing it."        

        Mr. Stilinski glances at his son with his eyebrows raised. "Banshee?"

        "Banshee." Stiles confirms.

        "Beautiful."  Mr. Stilinski sighs, sarcastically. "Alright, what are these numbers next to the names?"

        "W-We're getting to that." Stiles points to the paper. "First, you need to know that the code was broken with a cipher key."         

        "Wait. You mean, like a- like a keyword?"

        "It's actually a name." 

        Scott's eyes turn red as he says, "Allison." 

        I lower my eyes to the floor. Guilt slaps me hard in the face. Mr. Stilinski feels the sadness in the room, vibrating between Scott and I. No one really knows that I'm upset because of being the reason Allison is dead. Everyone just assumes that I really miss her. 

        "Her name broke a third of the list." Stiles breaks the silence.

        I clear my throat, refusing to allow myself to grow weak at this moment. "And now we think there's two other cipher keys."

        Mr. Stilinski nods along, giving me a sympathetic look. "Which will give us the rest of the names. Okay, so how do we get the cipher keys?"

         "Same way we got the code."

        "Lydia." I answer, thinking back to my friend, who is pratically losing her mind over all of this. "She's been out at the lake house all weekend, trying to find the other two key words. Kira and Malia have been with her to make sure she doesn't overdo herself."

        "You didn't know Demarco or Carrie?" Mr. Stilinski shuffles through some pictures on his desk. "Hm? And what about these other two names on the list? Uh, Kayleen Bettcher and Elias Town. They werewolves, too?"

        Scott shakes his head at the question. "I don't know, but Deaton said that the Nemeton would draw supernatural creatures here." 

        "Here being Beacon Hills? Or Beacon County?" Mr. Stilinski makes a not so pleasing face. "The population of Beacon Hills is just under thirty thousand."