Yasuhiro Taeko

Taeko Yasuhiro was a poor, little girl who was living with her parents, unlike Junko, I think Celestia really loved her parents... But they were so poor, and I wouldn't think it's dramatic to say that they were even starving at some point...

Celestia said in the first killing game she likes Gyoza even when it's not an "elegant food" in her opinion, maybe she likes it because in her childhood, that's one of the things she ate while she was starving with her family...

Unlike Junko, Taeko's family was lovely with her, and Taeko was lovely with them too, however...Celes knew perfectly they were in huge problems, they didn't have money at all, they didn't know what to do...

But Taeko was determined to help them, even when it could be dangerous to her... That's right... I think Celestia's life as a gambler started here!... She decided to be a gambler to help her family... Even when it meant she could be in danger so many times...

That's how Celes became a gambler!
She changed her name to protect herself against dangerous people from the gambling world! At least that's what I think... But I know that she changed her name to feel like she was really special as a person too, after all she was so poor and she felt like she was really a disappoinment as a human being, in the first killing game, Celes said it at some point: "Yasuhiro is a loser's name! Do I look like a loser to you!?!?!?", She felt like her true self was weak, so weak she thought her real self was the worst loser of the world... She doesn't hate her life, but she clearly hates her past...