chapter - 1

"What kind of person agrees to join his friends for a drink and then end's up drinking only club soda," Joseph asked glaring at me, I almost ended up laughing at how funny the glare looked on his drunk face.

"The kind that has to drive 250 km" I replied reaching for my soda. Joseph was one of the close friends I have known ever since high school although he was a little bit rough around the edges, he had a heart of gold.

He was the kind of friend that had your back through every thick and thin, the kind that didn't care if you were sitting in jail or were surrounded, by ten completely armed men he would still have you back.

"So, you are driving back home for Halloween?" Lisa asked her blue eyes staring into my green one.

I nodded in reply, taking a sip from my glass the ice cubes in the glass clinked together as I set it back down on the table, Lisa and Joseph were high school sweethearts. In my opinion, she deserved a freaking medal for being able to keep up with someone as wild and rough as Joseph, in total contrast with Joseph she was kind and warm but, to anyone, she didn't know or deeply care for, she was nothing but an ice queen.

Joseph scoffed, reaching for his beer "Driving home he says more like abandoning friends in favour of family"

Lisa smiled leaning back into her seat the bottle of beer in her right hand her blue eyes ran over her boyfriend's body before turning back to me "Don't mind him he is just drunk"

"I am not drunk "Joseph let out an inoffensive tone he stopped however when both I and Lisa rose our eye brown and gestured towards the two bottles he had already finished

"Okay, maybe a little be tipsy but definitely not drunk".

I smiled knowing that was the closet I was going to get from him, "Are you sure I can't talk you into staying back, we could go camping and tell horror stories near the campfire " Joseph asked.

I shook my head smiling at him "Tempting but I promised my mom I would spend Halloween with family".

"Well you can as long as you promise that we can go on a camping trip next weekend," Lisa said tilting her beer bottle towards me.

I smiled and nodded, these two were the closest people I had in my life other than my family. Our conversation was interrupted by the chiming of my mobile, smiling apologetically at the duo in front of me I pulled out my mobile.

I had received a message from my sister

Hey I finished my shift

Cool, I'll come pick you up

I sent that text quickly finishing the soda I stood up "my sister got off her part-time job I am going to pick her up then we are going to drive home".

"Alrighty" Joseph lifted his bottle in farewell making me smile, "I will see you soon ok," I said extending my fist in his direction lightly punching my fist with his own.

"Drive safe and call me as soon as you reach home, " Lisa said standing from her seat she lightly engulfed me in a hug.

"I will, mom" I teased her making her smile.

"You better, " she said lightly punching my shoulder.

"Take care of him and make sure he doesn't drive." I gestured towards Joseph.

"I will now go before I get tempted to tie you down and force you to spend the Halloween with us".

I chuckled saluting her slightly before walking towards the parking, ever since Lisa started to date Joseph she started taking on the role of a mother hen in not his life but also mine.