act twenty-seven { from stories, to memories, and relived pains }

"And since then, life hasn't been normal ever since." A light cough bounced off the high walls and ceilings. "Also, sorry for how I acted in the beginning."

A heavy, yet proud sigh left Miya once she looked over her mother's tomb. 

"He really, really loves her. I don't know how to express it with my words, but the love between them is the purest I've ever seen. After the invasion, he just collapsed out of heartbreak." 

When she turned to Sailor Star, Miya froze seeing the woman wipe waves of tears from her eyes. Throughout her whole story, the Guardian was quiet. It was now obvious that she was stunned and quieted to tears. Miya quickly grabbed her hand and squeezed it. 

"Even though the whole mix-up between you and Auntie Serena happened ten centuries ago, our father still holds a lot of regret." A shock moved up Sailor Star's spine when she looked to the princess. The girl's eyes didn't lie. "He doesn't like talking about it because he remembers everything: how he felt, how you always looked sad, and the things he could have said but didn't. He still feels guilty about it. That's why he loves her so much--in a sense, making up for the time lost." 

"But that happened ten centuries ago--" The words barely fell off Star's tongue. 

"He feels horrible for it, Miya-chi." The drop of her nickname didn't phase the Guardian as much as it should have. Miya looked at her unabating, she even looked taller. "He remembers the time when you didn't talk to him, which is happening now, so he's pretty much reliving his past watching you two.

The science and physics of this all happening--travelling to the future, seeing her future self, and repeating future-past actions attacked Sailor Star from all sides. She tried to understand it from a logical point of view--quantify it and see how possible this all is with reason. 

It's impossible. Her eyes stopped watering and her breathing came out normal for once. Ever since that fateful night when she dreamt of losing the love of her life, heard noises of battles and dreamt of a past she never lived, Sailor Star--no, Miyako knew nothing in this life was normal or even possible. 

She was living a life of royalty and fantasy and magic beyond the world. A life where her sister's ex-boyfriend, a long-time crush would soon be her--

"Wait." In a flash, Sailor Star bent to Miya's eye-level. "Mamoru and Usagi aren't dating? They broke up? I'm so confused...why wouldn't she tell me?"

As the Guardian pondered on the story she re-told herself, the princess of Neo-Tōkyō bit her tongue. Whoops. With the time she knew she had before Sailor Star lunged at her for more questions, Miya crept down the stairs before rushing to the door. 

"Um, well, you'll have to ask my father!"

At the dash of pattering shoes, Sailor Star sped to the door. In her sprint after the rascal princess, the Guardian was left with more questions and more answers. But one thing was for sure and Miya made sure of it (even though she sped from the Guardian): she wasn't angry anymore. 

Miya could smile for her half thought-out plan worked, and so could Sailor Star because her future looked just a bit scarier. 

When the princess was finally napped by the Sailor Guardian, they had reached a high-tech room. Screens of surveillance footage around Crystal Palace were on one side of the room, while footage of outer space, stars, and a black planet were on the farthest wall. At the center of the room was a table surrounded by the remaining Guardians, their advisors, and King Endymion. 

"What did I miss?" Sailor Moon looked over her shoulder to relay what the king told them about the Black Moon Clan. 

Mako was seated on the lone couch, comfortable with a book in his lap. His mind muted his father's endless drabble about their "greater enemy" to escape into the world of fiction. The boy had just flipped the page of an elaborate illustration when she was slammed at the sides by two bodies.