Chapter I: Outside

1st Person POV: Reader

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up, ate, got ready, and left the house. This was everyday life for me, and most of the time...The days were just the same. Whenever something new or different happened, it wasn't even that major. Usually, it would either end up being a new customer, or a little kid bumping into the table whilst playing tag with some friends. This would only ever happen every once in a while though of course, other than that, most of the time my days were always pretty boring. Or more or less the same.

I let out a sigh, before brushing the dust off of my pants. Now it was time for me to just wait around in these empty streets, I'm honestly not even sure what time it is to be honest...But it appears the sun is coming up. The bright vibrant sky, it made me feel so happy for some reason. I wasn't even sure why either, but looking up to see each of the beautiful colors in the sky. It made me think of a future that could never happen, a future where I could finally step outside of this place. 

Though no matter how much I dreamed, I knew I'd be stuck here, selling flowers for the rest of my life. Not like I really mind though, I mean, it is a little boring but...I'm fine with it. 

As I was deep in my thoughts, admiring the sky, I heard a few footsteps behind me. When I turned around, it was my mother. Her hair was in a bun, like always, and her (E/C) orbs (Everyone calls them orbs, I have no idea why), despite being plain, shined brighter than ever with happiness and joy. A chuckle had escaped my mouth as I watched her take gentle steps down the stairs. "Do ya' think you might fall down one day?" I asked as she shook her head. "Hm, never before. But now you have me worried, I'm going to be extra careful now."

"Sorry." I said as I began to rest my head on my hand. "Anyways, do you mind setting up dear? I'm just gonna go get up some drinks at the tavern.." My mother spoke before walking off. "Get me an apple juice or something!" I called out, before she had quickly responded. "Oh! Right, right. Will do deary."

Another sigh slipped out of my mouth, as I continued staring up at the sky once more. "I wish I could fly like those birds...Or maybe even run around freely like those boars I see every once in a while." As I continued daydreaming, I began to wander off into my own thoughts. The image of myself as a great adventurer, exploring the wilderness. I even began thinking about me, myself, and I finding a great amount of treasure!.....But sadly, that was only in my dreams. And I was interrupted by the sound of my own mother calling my name out. 

"Y/N!" She said as she placed the drink onto the table. "Oh, thanks." I said coldly, before grabbing my drink and sipping it. "Anyhow, what do you wanna talk about whilst we wait for the sun to come up a little higher?"

"The fact we might go out of business because we aren't the only florist's in town."

My mother's eyes widened in fear, before shaking her head. "No, no...I don't like the thought of that very much." 

"I don't either, but just think about it for a second." 

"Please stop dear.."

"Fine, sorry."

After that very short lived conversation, we were kind of just silent for the rest of the time we had. Which wasn't very long, because by the time we had finished our drinks, the sun had came up. "Ah, guess our time is up. Let's get to selling now." 

"Oh! Right! I completely forgot about that, haha." My mother spoke, before forcing a laugh out of herself. "Your memory sucks." I responded back to her, before throwing the empty glass to the side. "You can go rest, I'm sure I'll be fine doing this by myself." I gave my mother a thumbs up, along with a smile. It appeared that she was just about to speak, but before she could do so, changed her mind. A guilty expression appeared on her face, but I quickly ran over to pat her on the back. Just to reassure her that everything would be fine.