Chapter 1

I woke up to the sound of my alarm with a startle. As I try to silence it, my mum bursts into my room with a mug of coffee and an excited look on her face.

“Thanks,” I say accepting the mug and taking a sip.

“No problem I just don’t understand where all the time has gone. It was only yesterday I was taking you to your first day of Primary school,” mum replies getting all teary eyed.

“I will leave you to get dressed.”

After she left I get out of bed, placing my mug on the bedside table, and get dressed. I decided to wear a pair of ripped skinny jeans rolled at the ankles, a thin white cotton t-shirt and a fisher mans styled jacket with Nike Kostons and matching leather bracelets and necklace. After dressing I walk to the bathroom to do my makeup consisting of black eye shadow on my waterline, mascara and a little bit of ‘plum wine’ lipstick to colour my lips. I head back to my room to pick up my laptop, stuffing it into my bag and finally venture down stairs to hear the starting’s to an argument between my younger brother and sister. As I get closer to the kitchen I hear they are arguing about who is going to have the last up ‘n’ go. I swoop in and take it for myself, hearing complaints from Victoria and Eric.

Running down the hall I laugh evilly with my bag on my shoulder, up ‘n’ go and car keys in hand, when dad stops me dead in my tracks looking a little flustered for being a little bit late.

“Are you sure your Datsun is ready to drive?”

I nod in reply while drinking the up ‘n’ go. Yum chocolate!

“Well then can you take Eric & Vic to school? I’m running quite late for the clinic.”

I think it over for a little bit.

“Fine,” I say, “but you’re on dishes for the next week.” I shout at my siblings, “come on Eric finish your hair in the car, Vic can you do your makeup at school, I need to go!”

I hear two protests but end up seeing them both head towards the front door.

“Why are we going to school with George?” Vic complains.

“Because I said so,” I spit back as Eric says “Ugh!”

When I step outside, I see my Datsun 240Z sitting in the drive waiting to be used for the first time in 2 years. After I climb into the drivers’ seat, I turn her on and hear the purr of her engine, feeling like a proud parent at that point, knowing I had done an excellent job on rebuilding the engine. Sticking her in reverse and pulling out of the drive was easy. I then stuck her in 1st & headed off in the general direction of Eric and Vic’s Intermediate. It was quite unsettling getting directions from Eric because I had ventured far from our new home since we moved. It was quite saddening but I wasted to finish my car before my new College started.