The Missing Case of Dr. Smalls.

a Human's mind plays tricks, that is what I was always told, things you think are scare turns out not to be; Monsters turn out to be dirty laundry and creatures turn out to be trees. but this, this feeling I was having was abnormal, I felt like something was out there watching me, tall boney shadows lurking over me. this had to be my imagination, right? I kept hold of my ax. this wasn't real, I kept telling myself as I continued to cut down the small tree, it was dark, the sun now slowly going down. the snow beginning to fall, "Come on! just fall," I cursed as I pushed the small tree, but it didn't bother to fall. I felt anger take over me as I stabbed the tree one last time, but unlike the other times, a creaking sound was followed, but this wasn't the tree creaking. I froze, a low, deep growl being heard from behind me. I grabbed my ax, trying to pull it out of the tree I needed protection from this animal- probably a wolf- "Come on!" I yanked my ax, struggling to get it out of the tree. another loud creaking sound was followed, then another, then another... it was then when I felt that sickening unusual feeling, a mixed feeling of dread and sickness, voices suddenly whispering out-through my head, my grip loosened on the ax handle. I felt dizzy... uneasy... not able to keep myself up, I heard yet another growl, but this one felt like it was in my head, I turned around quickly going to see what I only hoped was a dog... but this thing wasn't a dog, nor was it a wolf... I screamed...

Screams could be heard from miles away, the Wilson Family was the first to notice the screams and report it to the police. a few weeks after that scream report, Dr. David Smalls was reported missing, turned out the doctor came to the small town of Goldcrest as a long 2-week vacation but never come home, never answered his phone, and never answered his cabin door, and seemed to not be home. the house showed no signs of a robbery so the Police took a look everywhere. they searched for about 2 weeks and the Doctor was never found, he was proclaimed dead...

it was a year later, on the same day, in the same month when a hiker found an ax and a broken lamp near a small tree in the woods. the lamp had the name, David. J. Smalls written across it, near the lamp was his hat. the evidence was reported to the police who were weirded out since they had checked that spot many times without a sign of a lamp, ax, and hat. because of this, even tho Dr. Smalls was proclaimed dead, they continued to search for him. one night an officer, Jane Copperheart, went to the place where the evidence was found, she stayed there for a good while, scanning the area. Officer Copperheart once back at the police station reported feeling uneasy and sick while at the spot, she said she felt like she was being watched as the sun went down. she said that as it came closer to nightfall she felt as if whoever or whatever it was she couldn't beat or fight, soon she left in fear soon later reporting after leaving the words, "Close down the woods," being whispered in her head. she was later reported very sick and soon refused to even look at the Dr. Smalls Missing case, saying it made her sad, sick, and uneasy.

the reports of deaths continued, some bodies found some never to be seen again, but all that was put together as it was always by those woods, and always at nightfall. soon the mayor of the town closed the woods as Government-private property and no one has gone missing since. even tho Goldcrest is a popular city in today's age, well known for his abnormal happenings, the David Smalls missing case has always been the most concerning of the cases... not because of the unusualness of it all but how 2years later, in 2009 his body was found around Goldcrest neighboring town, Rose Villiage. the Doctor was given a proper burial and his case was to never be heard of again...

Word count: 729.

Written by: A.G.D

Genre: Horror.

Note: the town and people are all fictional characters of mine, they aren't real.