OS

A sweet and lovely OS of Armaan Riddhima

Bank of Ganges, the very prominent and beautiful city of Rishikesh holding all the glory of running water while touching the staircases of ghats where priests were preparing for Ganga aarti. Yes, the very cultural and religious aspect of the peoples residing besides Ganga river, the main tourist attraction, the normal routine walk of nearby people and a lot more. Ganga river has a very special and holy imprint on our heart, mind and soul. According to Vedas and mythological aspects, Ganga arises from Shiva’s jata and ran down covering whole Indo-Gangetic region blessing everyone with its holy enchanting beauty and many more. Ok, so coming back to our story, priests were ready at “Triveni Ghat” of Rishikesh to perform Ganga Aarti with all diyas, incense sticks, dhoop batti, bells, flowers and all for everyday ritual. From starting to ending of Ganga aarti we cannot move our eyes away even if we try since the view feels so majestic and even bring goosebumps as the crowd of people attending the aarti become so lost in the beauty and magic of Holy Ganges.

Not able to blink her eyes for once, Riddhima kept on watching the aarti as it starts with shanknaad, making the whole area much more pious and spiritual. She was standing nearby the stairs of ghat, as water level reaches a bit higher as the atmosphere darkens. Folding her hands and closing her eyes offering silent prayers to “Ganga Maiya”, Riddhima felt a bit relaxed for some time. Soon water starts touching her feet as the level rises up and aarti was still going on.

Moving a bit upward, she sit near the bank and watch aarti with forgetting every other thing. As soon as aarti finished, Riddhima looks around and watches the bank of Triveni ghat, it was not new for her, the Krishna and Arjuna’s rath, Shiva ji’s statue where Ganga ji was also shown in his hairs, towards left side the another Shaan of Rishikesh, Ram Jhula, the bridge that gives swinging feel while passing through it. The walk over rapidly flowing ganga river seems so thrilling to tourists.

Riddhima was watching each and every thing with new look, why her heart was relaxing for a bit. Writing something on flowers of she kept it in leaf bowl beside diya and flows it into water.

Riddhima: Ganga Maiya, I know aaj tak apne mujhe har cheej di hai, kabhi koi v pareshani aai ho apne hamesha use dur kiya hai lekin aaj, aaj jo mai karna chahti hu please uske liye mujhe thodi himmat dena. Jo naam mai apne dil se kabhi mita nhi sakti us se apne dil ki baat kah saku, please.

As soon as she get up from her place, she received a call.
Obviously, it will be from her mother’s side. She searched for her phone in her bag which was filled with so many things that was not necessary to keep but still she does.

Riddhima: Ha Maa
She tried to cover the phone so that voice of flowing water could not be heard by her mother.

Padma: Riddhima beta, kaha rah gai tum? Kitna time aur lagega?

Riddhima: Maa, bas thoda time aur, wo bahut bheed thi yaha isliye late ho gaya, thode samaan v baki hai.

Padma: Ohoo, jaldi karo beta, Papa teen baar puchh chuke hain, maine unko yahi bola ki apne kamre me samaan set kar rahi ho.

Riddhima: Thanku Maa, aur Sorry thoda late ho gaya, kal v jana padega parlour k liye.

Padma: Ek to mujhe tumlog ka kuch samajh me nhi aata, kal se tum akele bilkul v nhi jaogi beta. Anjali ya Nikki ko leke jana. Aur ha, peeche ka darwaja khula rakha hai maine, udhar se apne room me jake tab neeche aana.

Riddhima: Ok Maa, mai aati hu thodi der me. Love You Maa.
Riddhima cut the call and sighed putting it inside the bag.
“Please help me” she wishpered looking towards the flowing water and feeling the coldness of atmosphere she turned to leave the place.