1967

((It's the 1st of January 1967 and you're at a New Years Party in London. You try to make the most of it but everything soon goes horribly wrong.))

You clutch your champagne glass and sigh. It was about half past midnight and the New Years party hasn't finished yet. Your dress was too tight, you feet where killing you and most of your friends and family had gone home or were horribly drunk. Your mother and your cousins were the only ones that were still here and sober. You trudged up to your mother.

"Mmmmmuuuuummmmm..."

"Yes sweetie?" She asked.

"Can we go home yet?" You groan. "I'm so ridiculously bored, its unreal...."

"Well you could have gone home at anytime," your mother said.

"Well, why didn't you say so?"

"Because I wanted you to mingle with some new people. If you're going to go, go now and quietly. And make sure to watch out for spies! We're at war you know!"

"Okay, thanks mother," you yawn as you get your coat.

Your stuff was in smaller bedroom downstairs and as you had just gone to get your coat, you heard the unmissable sound of gunfire and explosions. Oh my god. You froze like a rabbit in headlights. There was more gunfire and shouting and you bolted into a wardrobe and hid between the coats. There was more shouting but it wasn't in english. There was some more screaming and you heard a mans's voice cry out: "Check the rooms there could be more!"

Oh god, oh god oh god. You were going to die. You didn't want to die and you started to breath louder. You covered your mouth as you attempted to slow your breathing. You heard footsteps coming in the room. They had big army boots and was dressed for combat and stealth. You peered through the crack in the wardrobe and he suddenly turned around and opened the door. You gasp and prepare for the enviable.

The man looked at you straight in the eyes. He was wearing an all black suit and his hair was too long, and looked like it needed a haircut. He had a pistol in his hand and a metal arm with a red star. He was Russian. You started to cry as he got ready his pistol. You meet his deep blue eyes and you knew you where going to die. He lifted his pistol, his hands shaking and you looked into his deep blue eyes and you saw that they were just are scared and petrified as yours. He sighed and put the gun down. You exhaled. He looked straight into your eyes and sloped his gun away.

A voice yelled down the corridor. "Did you find anyone else?!"

The man paused and replied. "No. Clear the building out and go to the extraction site. Mission accomplished."

The man from the corridor walked away. The man who rescued you whispered something in your ear. "Once I'm gone you exit through the back door and run as fast as you can. I won't go after you so you'll be fine." You where shocked by his American accent. The man looked out the corridor and you grabbed your coat and purse and skunked through the back door. The man turned away.

"Hey!" You shout in your loudest whisper. "Can I at least know your name?"

The man hesitated. "My name... is... James B..buchanan Barnes." he paused. "But everyone calls me the Winter Soldier."