spongebob and bandaids (1)

"oh my god, would you please shut up?" i glared at my best friend, emma, as i chucked a pillow in her direction. i picked up my phone off my nightstand and realized it was 7:30am. "shit!" as i tumbled out of my bed, i tripped on my bookbag.

"okay clutz, hurry up! we've already missed half of first!" i looked at emma and saw that she looked absolutely flawless. must be nice. she was wearing a plaid skirt with a cropped polo shirt and converse. her silky black hair stopped at her shoulders as she giggled at me. "helloo? earth to alex?" oh. oops. i threw on a black shirt with mom jeans and my dr martens and rushed out the door, emma following shortly behind me.

"we could ditch" she suggested. "no! hurry up!" as she drove us to school; i got lost in my thoughts. i have chemistry for second and i've already missed my first period, which is english. i fucking suck at chemistry. before i knew it, we pulled up to an old brown building.

woo! school.

-

i walked into chemistry to see all of the desks rearranged and there were white block letters on the chalkboard that read "FIND YOUR ASSIGNED SEAT." what are we, twelve? i was hoping for the best as i walked up to the front of the room to see who i sat with. i had no friends in this class, all i needed was to focus on my classes and focus on getting an a. i could deal without friends. 

that's when i saw his name. 

grayson young. aka mr hotshot bad boy, aka mr gangster of our school, aka mr every girl wants him and every guy wants to be him; grayson young. i get to sit next to him for the next year; if he chooses to actually come to class. i held my head low as i walked to my seat in the back of the room and silently prayed that grayson was going to skip.

but apparently nobody heard me, up there, because as the bell rang i heard footsteps walking towards my desk.

"who are you?" he asked as he sat down next to me. i glanced at him and saw his short brown curls and bright blue eyes. i was going to keep ignoring him until i got poked with something sharp. "ow what the hell?" i rubbed my arm and looked down to see a small amount of blood. "grayson what was that for? i need a bandaid" HE STABBED ME WITH A PENCIL. rude. he had a playful smirk on his face as i rolled my eyes. i raised my hand (to ask for a bandaid) but apparently pretty boy here thought i was going to snitch, so he yanked my arm down and pulled out a spongebob bandaid and placed it on the injury.

"spongebob? really gray?" he pouted like a toddler and announced (a little too loudly), "i like spongebob!" we got a couple of weird glares from the kids at the front of the class, but i had already made my decision.

maybe chemistry wouldn't be so bad this year.

-

it's bad and short, i'm sorry, i promise the chapters will get longer and more interesting.

until next time,

abby :)