Chapter 3: catching up

It took along time for Bruno to explain to me why he is here but the short reason is his mum got a job here and his dad doesn't except him for being gay. Bruno and I met a while back on a online multiplayer game we talked for a while and became fast friends, after awhile of playing the game we thought it would be best to give each other our numbers and then we would try to FaceTime as much as possible. He was the only person I could really talk to about my tough family life and how I thought I might be a lesbian. About a year into our friendship he said he was coming to the uk on holiday for a bit and we arranged to meet up. I had to sneak out my house to meet him and we spent hours at the park talking and I got lost track of time and got hell when I got home but it was so worth it.
'That still doesn't answer why you here as in at my work?' I said reminding him that he hadn't told me why he was here.
'Oh yeah, I got a job here meet the new manager.'
Omg I was speechless I knew that we were getting a new manager but I never imagined it would be my best friend. That means not only would he understand my hours better but he would understand my home life as well.
'Are you coming to my school as well?' I asked hopefully.
'Well I don't know do you go to Westbrooke academy for the bright minded?'
'Haha I never heard anyone call it that but I do go to westbrooke academy.' I said trying to hide the joy in my voice unsuccessfully.
'Your exited were going to the same school huh?' He teased as I punched him in the arm.
'You know I do actually have to start my shift now but once I'm done I can take you on a tour of the school since I am one of the school welcomers.' I said checking my watch.
'Okay whatever you say Ella.' Bruno said smiling. I patted him on the shoulder as I moved past him out of the staff room and behind the bar to serve people coffee.
As it was quite a small coffee shop there weren't many staff and I was the only person behind the bar. I put on a smile and started to serve our first costumer inside the shop. Usually only old people came in but then when it gets to like 7:30 that's when the students start coming in. I hate doing the morning shifts because so many kids from my school come in to get breakfast and it's really awkward to see them since I'm really not the most popular person there.
I serve about 10 people before kids from my school start coming in, I duck my head before they see me but it's too late. 'Hey nerd,' I hear someone talking, their voice rough and vile. I look up to match a face to the voice to see Champ, he is a boy in my class the thinks he knows everything about everyone but in reality he's just really thick. I plastered on a smile and got ready for him to continue talking.
'I heard you have a crush on one of my friends and let me just tell you matt doesn't really go for long time relationships especially with a girl like you.' He said the last bit whilst looking at me up and down and tried my hardest not to gag forcing the vomit back down.
'Do you want anything or did you just come here to annoy me before school?' I questioned because I really was to tired to pretend.
'Yeah actually I want a cup of your strongest coffees and a muffin and make it quick.'
'Ok that will be £6:50, card or cash?'
'What I did something else to repay you.' Champ said with a gross smirk which made my blood curdle.
'Cheque?' I asked him trying to show that I was not interested and I think he caught on because his smirk faded and he got out his wallet.
"Ill just pay cash.' He said giving me the money and moving away from the bar.
I made his coffee and got out a muffin, the thought of spitting on them crossed my mind but I decided that not doing it won't get me fired so I just handed it to him and instantly regretted it.
He smiled at me slyly before pushing me and saying ' See you around bitch.'
I was so frustrated and just wanted the day to end until I saw her walk in, my jaw dropped and k was speechless.