Chapter 2

I hoopped into a cab and had it drive me to the edge of town, where a forest took over the land. I started walking through the forest, I never could remember what part he stayed in so I just kept walking. the trees were close together as there was almost no room to walk before I finally came to a path, still didn't know where I was but knowing Damaris, it was either I find him, or he finds me. 

It felt like I was walking for a good 30 minutes before I finally came across a very beaten dow n house. The walls were torn and there were patches in the roof, didn't even look like the door was on correctly.

I walked up the rickety porch and knocked on the door. A few moments later a familiar broken face opened the door slowly, before realizing it was me.

"Mirie? What are you doing here?"

I hesitated before taking in a shaky breath before gathering my words.

"Xeris and I broke up and-"

"woah woah woah wait.... what?! But you two were like one of those close-knit anime couples" he raised an eyebrow before realizing that I didn't really know what to say. He muttered something underneath his breath before gesturing for me to enter.

I brushed my hair to the side before sitting on a surprisingly good couch, looked new.

"stole that" he said simply before I heard crashing in the other room, Damaris quickly coming into the room swearing to himself.

"Don't know what I can offer ya... Kami won't be too happy if we give you here room or have me in there with her... she ain't too fond of sharing rooms. She likes her space"

"I would never ask that, I'll just find a hotel, you were just the first person I thought of for somewhere to just.... gather my thoughts" I smiled before he dragged a beat up chair and sat down like one of those counsellors.

"So what the fuck happened?"

"We got into a fight and he called it off, Everything else is a little hazy" I hung my head before Damaris rather violently grabbed my chin and moved my hair out of the way to reveal one of my bruises.

"this him?" he said coldly.

My silence told him everything he felt he needed to know, he walked into the next room before I heard rustling, soon having him return with a first aid kit.

"Never thought him to be the type to abuse his girlfriend... learn something new every day" He huffed before putting ointment and a bandage on my cheek.

"Never thought you to be the type to have a first aid kit either" I said, trying to lighten the mood.

He chuckled to himself before raising his hand with the knife like fingers.

"You know how many times I've fucking cut myself with these god damn things?" 

Silence filled the room before both of us burst out laughing hysterically. 

"I don't want you staying in some low budget hotel, You'll sleep here on the couch until you can get yourself some semblance of a life again. And if Xeris shows up I'll kick his ass myself. I may be a murderous demon thing, but even I think abusing your significant other is bullshit"

He threw a blanket and pillow at me, before I could say anything to protest his offer he looked at me with a look I had never seen before. It was murderous but in a different way than normal. He was furious but not at me...

I stood up before he pushed me back down onto the couch.

"Rest."

and with that he threw the blanket over me and shut off the light.

Guess a nap can't hurt...