Chapter 1

Marshall?" I say quietly, but loud enough for him to hear.

And he turns around.

"Gumball?"

"Marshall!" We run towards each other and meet in a hug. "Marshall! Marshall," I cry into him. He's wearing the exact same thing he was wearing when he died. I can smell the cold, salt water in his clothes. They're all old and tattered. It gives me an unsteady feeling, but I ignore it. "Marshall, I.." He looks down at me.

"Gumball. I'm.. I don't know what to say." He gives me look as if he's expecting me to yell at him for how mad at him I am for doing this to me, but all of those feelings had subsided and dissolved into this mess of happiness. " I missed you."

"I missed you so much. That was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I-"

"How did you get me back?" He asks.

"I.." Shit. I need to come up with something fast. "Honestly I can't remember anything. I just remember doing this chant then.. I don't know. But let's not focus on that. I'm just so glad you're back. I've missed you so much."

He lifts up my chin with his hand. "I missed you too." And he kisses me. And all of a sudden were alone, with no worries. Just us, only us, without any cares in the world. Now I don't know how long that kiss was, but it felt like a thousand years. And I could have stayed there for a thousand more.

"Gumball, I don't know if this is a good time, but we were never actually an official couple. Will you be my boyfriend?"

I completely forgot about that.
"Of course." And we join hands, and walk back to the candy kingdom.
-----
Hey again! So I've started a sequal! I'm not sure if this will do as well as the last one but you guys requested it so why not! Sorry I took so long. Thanks for reading!