Solace

Miranda called Ben but he didn't pick up. She figured he was probably in his emotions just like she was, she was hurting so bad and trying so hard to be strong. She called his phone once again and decided to walk across the street to the bar.

Miranda saw the crowd and the fire trucks.

"Excuse me, excuse me." Miranda said pushing her way through the crowd.

What the hell was going on. Miranda said to herself as she got to the tape. Ben cell was still ringing. She looked over at the car that was through the bar. She swore in all of her life. The most out of the ordinary and catastrophic things happened in Seattle.

Ben wasn't answering his phone because he was now working, she figured.

"Miller." Miranda said catching his attention ushering him over to her.

"Uh is Ben with you I have been calling him, he's not answering."

"Uh yeah he is inside." Miller responded leaving Miranda confused.

"But he is not working."

"No he wasn't... But I gotta go sorry."

Realization set in Miranda's brain. Sorry what did he mean by sorry, she thought.

Miranda's mouth dropped.

"He was in the bar when the car drove into it." Miranda yelled. Throwing the yellow tape over her head. Miranda felt her heart rate sky rocket. She ran towards the building but was stopped by Dean. "Aye aye get back behind the line."

"Dean Miller get your hands off me." Miranda said snatching away from him.

"Is my husband in that bar, is he hurt." Miranda asked on the verge of tears.

"No. I don't do believe."

"Okay is he in danger." Miranda searched his eyes waiting on an answer.

"You paused. You paused." Miranda said trying to rush pass him once again.

She listened to Miller as he talked about costing him time and he was right, but all she wanted was her husband.

"Get my husband out of there." Miranda yelled stepping back behind the line.

Miranda once again felt helpless. She was losing her baby and all she could do was stand and let it happen. She was terrified that her husband was in danger and all she could do was stand here and possibly loose him too. She hated this. It was too much. The thought of losing Ben shook her body. Her body was in pain from the cramps of an on going miscarriage but she was numb at this point and the thought of losing the love of her life. Losing her child put a slash in her heart but loosing Ben, a surgeon might as well cut her heart out and put it in the grave with him because she wouldn't be no more. She loved Benjamin Warren so much is was scary.

All she could think about was telling her husband to leave her alone. She told him to leave her alone and go have a drink at the bar and this happened. He wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her. Miranda paced back and forth for over an hour.

She heard the fire department. Break through and she hurried around the back, desperate to see the man she married. She knew he was fine but her heart wouldn't stop racing until she laid eyes on him.

When Ben emerged from the back..Miranda stood watching. Ben connected eyes with her and took long strides to get to her. "Oh" Miranda said in relief as he wrapped his arms around her dropping her purse in the process.

"You're okay." She said against his chest, tears sliding out the corner of her eyes.

" yeah I'm okay. I'm okay" Ben repeated.