benley

Miranda rushed inside of the hospital at Pac north. She drove so fast, she didn’t even remember being on the highway almost as if she was floating.

“Benjamin Warren?” Miranda yelled out frantically at the nurse station. The nurse had a raised eyebrow.

“Benjamin Warren. I am his wife, give me the room number now!” Miranda snapped.

“ Room 3045.” The lady replied typing on her keyboard quickly.

Miranda followed the sign all the way around to the elevator. She pressed the button and waited for the elevator to open up. Her hand shook repetitively. She grabbed her hand to stop it from it’s shaking but found her self twisting her wedding ring.

By the time Miranda reached the 3rd floor tears were now clouding her Vision. Her chest was hurting, really it was her heart. The more she walked, it felt as if it was a barber spear with the rope attached plunged into her heart. The kind that that was used to hunt whales. Walking closer to his room felt like someone was pulling the end of the rope. Pulling her to him but also moving the spear around in her heart.

Miranda got to the room and she walked inside and stood at the door. It was a body in the bed with a white sheet covering it and Miranda looked around the room before backing up from the door.

“Oh sorry .” Miranda cried out as she wiped the tears from her eyes.
“It’s no problem can I help you. Are you a doctor?” The blonde doctor said looking down at Miranda’s blue Scrubs.

“ Surgeon, but that’s not why I am here…um I got the call while at work that my husband was in a car accident. I asked the lady at the desk down stairs and she gave this room number but this can’t be right.” Miranda said wiping more tears from her eyes.

Dr. Smith looked at her with saddened eyes. “Are you Benjamin Warren’s wife?”
Miranda nodded her head, waiting for her to lead her to his room. The doctor walked passed her inside the room they were standing in front of.

“It is with deep condolences to inform you. Benjamin Warren died. Your husband suffered major injuries from the car accident and he was dead on arrival.”

Miranda stood at the door and the words she heard did not seem real. She wanted to ask the doctor to stop lying but only a monster and demon sent from hell would play a sick joke like this.

Miranda dropped her purse on the floor as the doctor pulled back the white sheet.

Dr. Smith could hear Miranda take in a sharp breath of air. She continued gasping for air but she literally couldn’t breathe. She walked over to the bed and looked down at Ben.
Tears fell down from her eyes at large amounts.

Miranda saw the doctor’s mouth moving but she didn’t hear any words come out.

The doctor has told many people of their loved ones passing but she had never seen anything like this before. She had ruined this women’s whole world. She backed up to the door, she wanted to give her space and privacy. But she snatched her head up when she heard a piercing screech and scream that came from the women’s mouth as she clutched her chest.

“ No. No. No. No!” She heard the women cry. “You promised me. You promised me that you would let me die first. You know I can’t do this without you. I love you so much you are my other half.”

Dr. Smith watched as her chest heaved up and down, her face was red and breathing was labored. She had snot coming out of her nose.

The doctor left to go get some tissues. She wished she could get this women admitted because the pain she was feeling she wanted her to be sedated.

She came back with the tissue and she handed her the box. Miranda used them to wipe her eyes and she looked as if she’d pulled her self together. The doctor left to give her more time as soon as she shut the door she heard another piercing cry come from the room.

Dr. Smith gave her an hour. She honestly didn’t want to bring Miranda the paper work. She was nervous better yet scared. She grabbed the clip board and opened up the door, to see Miranda sitting on the floor, on the side of the bed.

Her hand was in her knees and she could her sniffling and the fast pace rising and falling of her back.

“Ms.”  Dr. Smith said
Miranda looked up at the women. “um here is the paper work that we would like you to sign.” She said quietly walking over to her, handing her the paper on the clipboard.

Miranda grabbed the clipboard and read it 'Official Declaration of Death.' Miranda then threw the clip board as hard as she could hitting the wall. “ Get out!” Miranda yelled angry. “get out right now, before I have your throat.” Miranda yelled at the top of her lungs.

She watched as the doctor backed out of the room quickly, shutting the door on the way out. Miranda stood over him looking at the scratches and cuts on his beautiful face. This image would plague her mind for her.

“I am so angry with you, I want to hit you...Ben this is not how this was supposed to be. We were supposed to grow old together. Have kids and tell our stories to grandkids. We said 60 years. What about Tuck? How am I supposed to live like this. I feel, I feel like I just want to lay down and die.” Miranda cried as she dropped down on the floor. She sat against the wall with her hand in her face once more.

Miranda shot up out of the bed and she grabbed her chest. She was hot like a furnace and tears rolled down her eyes as she cried. She felts like she couldn’t breath as her chest heaved up and down.

This nightmare happened almost every night since she found out Derek died.

“Baby are you okay?” She heard Ben mumble in his sleep.

“Ben?” Miranda questioned looking over at him, sniffling.

“Yeah, baby what wrong?” Ben sat up with high alert.

“ Oh it’s nothing. I just had a horrible nightmare.” Miranda cried her heart was still racing.

“Oh baby come here and lay with me; I’ll hold you.”
Mirada turned and scooted down in the bed as Ben spooned her and wrapped his arms around her body tightly.

Ben could feel and hear her heart race as he body was flush against hers. He put his head in the crook of her neck. Miranda stayed still as his scent engulfed her and the rise and fall of his chest sooth her mind and body. Even the breathing that tickled her neck helped.

“Ben” Miranda said turning into his arms. His eyes were open as they met hers.

“I love you more than I can hold in my heart. You came in to my life and changed it for the better and without you I would never be the same” Miranda said her profession of love as she rubbed his face.

“I love you Miranda just as much. You are my everything.” Ben said never missing a beat.

He looked into her eyes as he leaned in and kissed her with everything he had. Miranda returned the same amount of passion.

After Miranda’s well needed sex therapy. Miranda found herself back into his arms in the same position as earlier. She rubbed his arm with her hand, holding on to him as if he would disappeared. These nightmare’s made her appreciate everything her husband was and she made a vowel to love him like she would never see him again.

She felt Ben kiss the back of her head as she fell to sleep.