the first i love you

Set on Jim and Pam's third date, Pam officially tells Jim she loves him! (I know she kinda said it on beach games but this is her officially saying it)

Jim pulled up outside of Pams house at 6.29. He never liked to keep her waiting. He nervously approached Pams front door, even though this was their 3rd date, she still gave him nervous butterfly's.

He gently knocked on her door. Just a few seconds later, the door opened to Pam, dressed in a long sleeved white T-shirt, with a light pink cardigan buttoned over the top, paired with some light blue skinny jeans. She was wearing minimalistic makeup with her hair down, flowing over her shoulders. Such a simple look yet it still took Jim's breath away.

Jim was wearing a grey v-neck jumper, with a white top underneath, paired with baggy, dark blue jeans. His hair was perfectly messy, just the way Pam liked it.

"Wow Beesly, you look great" said Jim trying to play it cool.

"Thank you! Not too bad yourself." Said Pam with a smug smile on her face.

"Shall we?" Said Jim as he reached for her hand and gestured towards his car.

"Let's go!" Said Pam enthusiastically. She locked the door behind her and grabbed Jim's hand as they walked to his car together. Jim opened the door for her, then they both got in the car.

"You still haven't told me where were going." Said Pam.

"So impatient Beesly, but I'll guess I may as well tell you now. I thought I could show my favourite spot in Scranton, it looks out to the whole city. I have a picnic ready in the trunk and I thought we could eat dinner there. But if you don't want to that's fine w-"

Pam interrupted him by saying "Jim, that sounds perfect." As they smiled at each other blissfully.

As they were driving to the spot, Jim put on the radio and they listened to Music while Pam held one of Jim's hands. Pam's mind was full. She was still thinking about what happened at casino night. She had everyday since. She had thought about what Jim said to her, what she said back, what she wished she'd said instead. They were still yet to talk about Jim's confession to Pam, but it was different now that they were dating. Of course Pam loved him to, she'd loved him since the day she met him and she wanted to tell Jim how much she loved him, but she was worried. What if Jim didn't feel that way anymore? What if Jim secretly resented her for not saying it back? Is it too soon after Karen? She couldn't help but feel anxious about it all.

Before they knew it they had arrived. Jim was right, it was beautiful. She'd lived in Scranton all her life but had never once been here.

"What do you think, Beesly?"

"It's beautiful, I had no idea it existed."

"Yeah, my brothers it showed to me when I was teenager, I've never actually taken anyone here before though."

"Wait, are you telling me I'm taking your spots virginity by me being the first guest? I'm hounded!" Pam joked.

Jim laughed and said "Don't let it get to your head, I know how arrogant you can get with these things, Beesly."

Pam scoffed as they both stared breaking out laughing.

Jim got the picnic basket and blanket out from the trunk as the sun started to set. They laid out the food on the blanket and sat down on either ends of it, looking out onto the electric city as the sky started to change colours. Jim poured them both a glass of champagne. After they said cheers, Pam looked out to the view in front of her, took a deep breath in, looked at Jim and realised how perfect the moment was.

"Hey Jim?" He looked at her with wide eyes.

"Do you remember casino night? What you said to me?"

Jim's face dropped. "Oh... Pam, look, I-"

"Do you? Because I remember what I said. I've thought about what I said everyday since then. I've thought about how much I regret what I said. How I didn't mean it. Jim, what I'm trying to say is... I wish I had told you that I loved you too, because I did, and I do. I know it's only our third date, but I love you, Jim."

Jim sat there with a blank expression on his face, just starring at her.

"Oh shit, Jim, I didn't mean to screw things up I just-"

Jim leaned in and passionately kissed her. Pam was now laying on the blanket with Jim's body hovering over hers and his hands gripping her face.

"I love you too." He said with a smile.

"You have no idea how long I've waited for this moment, Beesly."

"Me too, Halpert."

Jim started kissing her again. They spent the resting of the night talking, laughing, hugging, kissing and being in love.