1. Ito Haruto

Japanese Names:

They are confusing AF! 

So briefly, Last Name first, First Name Last: In the west, it is given name first (Diana) then family name (Smith).  Japanese, it goes family name first (Ito) and then the given name (Haruto). They can be used interchangeably, depending on how close you are to the person. If you are only a casual acquaintance, it would be Ito-san, Ito-kun, Ito-chan. Family or close friends would be Haruto-kun or Haruto-chan.

-san is usually used for adults and males
 -kun between youth and young males (most common in manga and anime, since this is a BL story)
 -chan usually between young men and women.

-san is usually used for adults and males -kun between youth and young males (most common in manga and anime, since this is a BL story) -chan usually between young men and women

Prologue:

Haruto knelt down and closed his eyes. He pressed his hand on the soft green grass and felt the morning dew. It was his 30th year here. How many more times would he come?

Opening his eyes, he took one more look at the bouquet of flowers, pure white chrysanthemums. A sad smile twisted his lips. Tears flooded his eyes but did not drop. "I still miss you, Yuki. I think I always will."

He turned and walked down the path from the grave. If you listened closely,  you could hear faintly, blowing away with the breeze, "Damn you, Yuki! Fuck you, Yuki, for leaving me! Why do still love you!"

Sitting in his car, Haruto laid his head on his steering wheel and let the tears fall. He had left Japan immediately after all of the mess with Yuki, running as fast as he could.

Even now, it was hard. Two days after Yuki passed, he stole money from his dad and ran. He stayed in dumps until a visa for a country he didn't even remember came through. Thank goodness, learning English had been easy! He only kept in contact with his parents during those early years. 

Still, there was this overwhelming need to come back on Yuki's death anniversary. It's the only reason he needed money in the beginning. It was his reason to live at first, now it was his only reason to keep going.

Over the years, his parents had given up on marrying him off. He wouldn't even meet any of the young ladies. He didn't care and why should he?  He made his own life. They didn't even know how well off he was, because no one had that right to know. Yuki made sure of it - he had died then, too, when he was left behind!

Why didn't he die when Yuki-kun died?

He didn't understand how anyone survived when their soul mate died. He was only a shadow of who he was when Yuki walked the earth. Only the challenge of making money mattered now.

Knock, knock, knock... light taps but what the fuck?

Ito lifted his head at the noise. There was a fist knocking on his window! In 30 years, no one had ever bothered him! Why now? He wiped his tears, sniffed and sighed.

Rolling down the window, he snapped out, "What?"

"Ah, I thought I recognized you. You ARE Ito Haruto from Tokyo University, aren't you? Do you remember me?" A tall, well built man stood there, with a wide, easy stance.