Prologue.

"Wow, you look good."

"Yes, I do!" The red dress, the sudden..... was heckling the right word? No, it was more than that, it was something else. Honesty, that's what it was. Honesty.

    Donna's biting at her pen, bite marks from previous long nights evident on the pen. The words, the movements, it's all playing in her head like an old movie before she's snapped out of it by none other than Lyman himself. The young blonde jolts up, blinking as she looks around and his face comes into plain view. Plain and perfect view. "Donna are you alright? You left me there for a minute."

She lets out a weird sound, something between a chuckle and a scoff. "Yeah yeah, I'm fine. I was just thinking and..... you're right, you were right about Todd - as much as I hate to admit it. Now I'm not saying you were right about the whole self worth thing because you weren't, you were wrong!" "Donna look....." He trails off and it's only now that she realizes how raised her voice had become. "What am I looking at, huh?" Her tone is bitter, almost like molasses if one could taste tones.

"Donna! I'm trying to say I'm sorry, alright? Jesus!" He throws his hands up in surrender, offering an almost sheepish type smile in her direction. He would like to think that he was doing well after being shot, after those events that seemed so long ago, but sometimes it was still hard and sometimes he was still on edge. He's waiting for anything, waiting for some type of reaction.

She had stopped the biting of her pen, gaze intent on his own. "Thank you, your apology's accepted. I wanted to talk to you about something but it can wait till morning." A shrug of her shoulder, standing up from her chair and gracefully moving around his desk. "Can I go? I'd like to get some sleep before I have to come back here." "Yeah you can go. Drive safe, alright?"

"Don't I always?"