Bus Stops (Gerard Way)

"Jeez.. I should've brought a jacket." I muttered to myself as I sat at the bus stop. It was winter, and I usually didn't bring a jacket, seeing as my buses were never late, but today, the first bus I took was late, causing me to miss my second bus and be stuck waiting in the cold for an hour.

I sat on the uncomfortable metal bench, shivering and trying to keep at least a little warm.

"Hey." A voice said from beside me. My heart leapt at how attractive this guy was. He had bright red hair, and was wearing a red leather jacket over a black shirt, and tight black pants.

"Uh, hi."

"Sorry. I just- you look cold. So, um, I thought this might help." He said, offering me one of the cups that were in his hand. I took it, the warmth instantly warming my fingers. "I'm Gerard, by the way."

"Thank you, Gerard." I said, taking a sip. "So where are you off to?"

"Work. You?"

"School."

"Oh! You don't look that young." He exclaimed, looking embarrassed. I laughed.

"College, silly! I'm not that young! I'm 20."

Gerard sighed in relief. "Good, that would've been awkward, a grown man bringing a teenager hot chocolate." He said, laughing lightly. I giggled, then took another sip, silently willing it to warm me up. "What are you doing out here in winter with no jacket, anyway?"

"Um, my first bus was late, so I missed this bus. I don't usually wear a jacket because I don't usually spend too much time outside..." I explained. Gerard scooted closer to me, slinging a warm arm around me. I leaned into him, instantly feeling warmer. "Thank you.."

"No problem. What kind of person would I be if I just let someone freeze like this?" He said, laughing.

"Um, a normal one? I honestly couldn't see anyone else being nice like this and simultaneously not being creepy."

"How exactly do you know I'm not creepy?" Gerard asked.

"Well for starters, you're not a gross old man who smells like drugs or smoke." I explained. "And, well.. you just get that vibe from people. Trust me, when you're a girl, you know the tell-tale signs. You have to."

Gerard frowned, pulling me closer. "I wish you didn't. Not just you, though, I mean all women. I wish you guys didn't have to watch your backs 24/7."

I smiled. "Don't we all."

Just then, the bus pulled up, and we were forced to throw out our drinks. We sat in the back near the heater, and Gerard pulled out his phone, pulling up a new contact. "Here. You never gave your name, by the way."

I took the phone, typing my number and my name into it. "I guess I didn't, huh? It's y/n."

"Well, it was nice to meet you, y/n. I'll text you sometime. And we should totally hang out. You'd love my brother and our friends."

"I'm sure I would." I said as the bus pulled up at his stop. "I'll see you around, then?"

"Definitely." Gerard answered, giving me a smile before stepping off the bus. Almost immediately, my phone buzzed with a text.

Unknown- Hey, sugar. x

That was like the least exciting one shot ever but I often get stuck shivering cold at a bus stop, and wishing something like this would happen. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this! Send in requests!