Chapter 4 - Plotting with Kurooken

"He seems pretty nice, and he sure looks energetic. He could be a nice contrast to your cold exterior. Basically I am trying to tell you, you would make a cute couple but that won't happen unless you let me help you."

Kenma slowly slid up from the chair, rising and walking around Akaashi's chair smoothly. He strode towards the counter at the front of the cafe, ready to talk his boyfriend into helping him.

Kuroo walked out from the storage room on his way to Kenma's table to bribe him (with the promise of a new game, obviously) into helping set Akaashi and Bokuto up together. He stopped when he saw Kenma approaching the counter. Kuroo met his boyfriend on the other side of the counter, putting his elbow down and leaning his head on his hand.

"Hey Kitten~" Kuroo said trying to be cute.

"Stop." Kenma shut him down quickly. "I have a feeling we wanted to talk about the same thing..." he continued.

"Hmm...yes, perhaps we do." Kuroo said playfully.

"Stop messing around." Kenma said, blushing slightly, hiding his face as best he could.

"Awww... Kitten..." Kuroo said, teasing Kenma a little. "The raven haired man?" He jumped straight back to the point.

"Yeah" Kenma replied quickly.

"So how are we gonna do this?" Kuroo inquired, genuinely not having thought this far ahead.

"Well, all we have to do is invite them to hang out separately and then when they show up it's actually a double date." Kenma explained, clearly having thought this out already. "Saturday, the local park, 6:00?"

"Yeah, perfect!" Kuroo grinned, knowing that Kenma had memorized his timetable to be able to plan dates. "Damn..." Kuroo said standing back up. "You're so smart, Kitten." He leaned over the counter and hugged Kenma, holding his head to his own chest.

"Damn it Kuroo! Get back to work!" The manager yelled from the back room.

"Sorry, Iwaizumi!" Kuroo called back, quickly letting go of Kenma and smoothing his apron down. "Sorry Kenma, I've got to work, I'll see you later. I'll put the plan into action soon! Bye Kitten~" he said sweetly, wandering through to the other room slowly.

Later, once all of Akaashi's coworkers had already left and him and Kenma were the only people still sitting at their table, Kenma leaned over while Akaashi finished his coffee.

"Hey, Akaashi, do you want to hang out at some point?" Kenma said, trying to make it sound as natural as possible.

"Huh..." Akaashi breathed, thinking about when he could make time to hang out. "Sure, do you have a time already?"

"Hmm..." Kenma said, trying to sound deep in thought. "I was thinking maybe Saturday? Around 6:00?"

"Yeah, I should be free around then... Do you have a place in mind?" He responded, completely oblivious to the plot behind Kenma's words.

"The nearby park?" He said leaning closer to Akaashi, waiting anxiously for the response he wanted.

"Sounds great." Akaashi said with as much joy behind his words as was possible coming from him.

Step one was complete, for Kenma at least, but he doubted Kuroo would have any trouble getting Bokuto to come along.

Kuroo and Bokuto's shifts were nearly over and Kuroo was waiting for a good time to casually bring the meeting up in conversation. He waited and waited but, it being Kuroo, got bored very quickly and, it still being Kuroo, brought it about in the most suspicious way possible.

"Heyyyyy... Bokuto..." he said, dragging out the words while leaning back into his palm, elbow on the front counter, looking up at Bokuto. A mischievous, cat like smile appearing across his beaming face.

"Yeeeeesssss?" Bokuto said, adding a false nervousness to his tone. He also leaned against his arm, mimicking Kuroo jokingly.

"You wanna meet up on Saturday?" Kuroo said, leaning further against his hand, almost tipping over the counter. "Round about 6, after our shift?"

"Hmm..." Bokuto squinted, scrunching his face up in mock thought. "Hmmmm..." he said again, stretching the sound out thinner. Bokuto brought his finger and thumb up in the shape of an 'L' to support his chin, attempting to look deep in thought. He stood in that position for a few more beats, examining the anticipation on Kuroo's face.

Kuroo was beginning to think that Bokuto had somehow managed to scrape together what few brain cells he had and was seeing right through his and Kenma's plan. He was about to speak, try to make up for the suspicious atmosphere he had created earlier when Bokuto suddenly threw his arms up.

"Of course bro!" Bokuto yelled.

By this point Kenma and Akaashi's group had already left the small shop along with most of the other customers but the people sitting at the few occupied tables jumped slightly and spun around to find the source of the scream.

"Sorry!" Bokuto said, asking an apologetic gesture with his hands.

The customers returned to their respective conversations as Bokuto let out a small sigh.

"Dude." Kuroo said,gazing at Bokuto while shaking his head slightly. "You need to chill out." He giggled lightly and turned back towards the counter to serve a customer that had just walked in.

—————————————————————

Sorry for bad spelling or huge af plot holes ;-;
Slightly longer chapter :D
Have a great day/night :)