𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗: 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

Third Person POV

"Y/N, wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" Hermione said while shaking Y/N's shoulders.

"Ugh! But the sun's not up, so I'm not up, so I'm going to sleep." said a half-asleep Y/N.

"Honestly, get up. We have classes soon."

"Fineeeee." Y/N complained.

It took her a good ten minutes to get dressed and down to the Great Hall for breakfast, where she helped herself to some fruit and french toast. She was so immersed in the pleasant taste of her strawberries Hermione practically had to drag her out of her seat and all the way to the transfiguration classroom. When they got there, Y/N discovered Hermione had dragged her there five minutes early! She was slightly annoyed but partially blamed it on her drowsiness. The girls took the seats at the very front, pulled out their books, and started to copy down what was on the chalkboard. Suddenly, a grey tabby cat pranced into the room. Hermione tried to shoo it while Y/N sat with a smile on her pretty little face.

"Good morning, professor." Y/N welcomed. She got a small meow in response which confirmed her suspicion; Professor McGonagall was an animagus.

Hermione stood there confused until more student's showed up. With the newly filled classroom, Professor McGonagall took the opportunity to shift back into her human form. She gave Y/N a small wink and continued to talk about today's lesson plan. Hermione still stared in awe before turning to Y/N and mouthing an, "Oh."

The woman shifted back into cat form and the girls continued to finish copying down their notes when a loud noise erupted from the entrance.

"Whew, amazing, can you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?"

Y/N whipped her head around only to find Ron and Harry running through the classroom aisle. McGonagall took quick notice and leaped off her desk while shifting back, ready to ridicule the two boys. The boys were suddenly startled. Harry's mind couldn't even piece together what had just happened.

"That was bloody brilliant." said Ron.

"Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Maybe if I were to transfigure Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocket watch, maybe one of you would be on time." McGonagall said.

Harry tried to lie... "We got lost."

"Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats." she sassed. The boys nodded and took the desk behind Y/N and Hermione. The lesson was rather boring. In the end, only Hermione and Y/N were able to properly tranfigure a match into a needle.

The four were headed off to potions when Ron had found himself sliding all over the wet floor of the dungeons. The air was damp and thick, barely allowing enough oxygen to reach the lungs. Y/N found mold along the cold, stone walls. Hermione found countless bugs. Ron obviously screamed at the sight of a spider, to which Y/N stepped on it and told Ronald to stop being such a big baby.

Twists and turns curved the dungeons, the smell of rot flooding their senses. Y/N had wondered how much longer she would have to endure the horrid stench. After a while of walking, the four approached the door to the classroom and filed into their seats. The potions room was just as grungy and dimly lit as the halls lead to it. The Gryffindors would be sharing potions with Slytherin for the year. They sneered at each other, wondering why the professors would place the two most rivaling houses in the same class room.

Students became chatting with one another while they waiting for the professor to arrive. At an instant, the door creaked and in came Snape with dragging black robes. He slammed the door shut and began to speak while making his was to the front of the room.