Chapter Ten: Elena

We soared through the skies, leaving Dedalus's burning workshop behind.

"Keep your arms descended!" I yelled at my friends who were stumbling in the air.

"Don't go too high or the wax will melt. Not too low the ocean will ruin the feathers!" I remembered how Icarus died, he didn't listen to his father; Daedalus and plummeted into the sea.

We reached land, and we all landed down on the solid ground. We didn't wanna know how long those wings would last. We stuffed the wings into a trash bin and looked out onto the horizon. There was nothing, no broken windows or smoke.

"The workshop moved, who knows where." Annabeth said.

"What do we do now? How do we get back into the maze?" Percy asked.

"Maybe we can't if Daedalus died and the Labyrinth is tied to him. Maybe that will stop Luke's invasion." Annabeth said.

I remembered Grover and Tyson still being stuck down there.

"He's not dead." Nico cut in, he looked so pale and couldn't stand on his own. I rushed over and helped steady him, "Neeks you alright?"

"Fine Elena." he said grimly.

"How do you know he hasn't died?" Annabeth asked

"It's like a feeling I get. Like buzzing in my ears."

"Tyson and Grover?" I asked.

He shook his head, "that's harder they don't have human souls."

"We need to get into town then. Then we can find an entrance. We have to make it to camp and warn them."

"We could just fly." Rachel suggested.

Percy shuddered, "I don't fly."

"You just did."

"That was low-flying and even that's risky. That's...that's Zeus domain. Besides we don't have time for a flight. The Labyrinth is the quickest way."

I hoped and prayed we would find Tyson and Grover along the way back.

"We need a car to take us into the city." I said.

Rachel looked down, "I'll take care of it."

"How?" Annabeth asked.

"Just trust me." Rachel said.

We nodded, "Alright, I'm going to buy a prism in the gift shop. I need to make an Iris message to camp." Annabeth said.

"I'll go with you." Nico said, "I'm hungry."

"We'll stay with Rachel." Percy told them, "meet you in the parking lot."

Annie nodded and they walked away. Percy wrapped an arm around me as Rachel looked down. She didn't seem to like us two staying with her. I knew she had a crush on Percy but I didn't know how many signs I had to give her to let her know that he and I were together. We're soulmates, we can't be with anyone else. Physically, mentally I don't know how to explain it. My past relationship had always sucked ass and they treated me like shit. Then I met Percy, and everything's been straight bliss. I love him, with everything in me. He's my other half.

Rachel started walking towards a black car at the edge of the lot. It was a Lexus and the driver was sitting in the front.

"What are you going to do?" I asked.

"Just wait here, please." she said miserably.

Rachel marched straight up to the driver. He said something then she responded. The driver turned pale and nodded. Rachel opened the door and motioned for us to follow and gave the driver a look. He nodded as if to say yes ma'am, whatever you want.