Stupid

"Stop being so stupid! You're ugly and you deserve what's coming to you!" They yelled in my ear as all five of them pushed me around. Back and forth, back and forth. "Stupid, stupid,stupid,stupid!" they yelled. They did this to me everyday but I tried to ignore it. I could take it, I told myself. I'm better than that, I'm stronger than that. Everyday it kept getting harder and harder to tell myself that, but I did.
"How was school today?" asked my mother as she was looking down at her phone and I had just walked in. I tried to hide my face...but then she looked up.
"Dear lord what happened to your face!?" she yelled. "Nothing..I just hurt myself. I'm fine," I said. Without waiting for a reply I ran to my room and locked my door. For too long I've been lying to my mother. Not just about what happened to me at school, but about why I didn't want to go to school. I always told her I was sick, but I'm tired of staying home.
"Face your fears," the voices in my head told me. "Face them and get rid of them," they yelled. And that was exactly what I was going to do.
"Ding dong."
*long silence*
"Mom? The doorbell is ringing! Mom!?" No answer. I slowly rose from my bed and crept downstairs all the way to the front door. "Who is it?" I said with my ear pressed up against the door.
"Ding dong."
I slowly opened the door only to be pushed onto the floor.
"Ready for more?" they asked me.
"Ready?" they said, knives in hand. And boom just like that I was being killed. Stabbed to death by a bunch of high schoolers. Right on my hallway floor.
"Ahh!" I yelled through all of my sobs as blood rushed out of me.
"Ahhhhh!"
"Honey! Honey! Wake up! It's only a dream. It's okay!"
No more was I going to have nightmares. Instead I was going to make them live in one.
"Mom I'm fine. Get out please."
I got dressed and shoved a switch blade into my boot.