Familiar Faces

As I walked to school, I felt the breeze in my long, copper hair. It was about a 10 minute walk to my new school, but I didnt mind. I got there 20 minutes early, so I sat against a wall and scrolled through my playlist on spotify. I decided on troublemaker because it reminded me of an old friend named Danielle and her crush, Zach. I was friends with her when I lived in Wisconsin, but I had to move because the factory my mom used to work at in Texas reopened and she got a better pay there. Lucky for me, I already had friends here since I was only in Wisconsin for 2 years.

My friend Zeno got here about 10 minutes after me and sat down, pushing his black hair out of his face, revealing his bright blue eyes. I gave him a quick hug and we talked for about five minutes, when some fairly short kid with eyes somehow more blue than Zeno's came up to us and started talking to Zeno.

I decided to ask, "Oi Zeno, who's this?" It wouldn't come out louder than a whisper, no matter how hard I tried to speak up. "Well, this is Malcolm. He's in the gifted class, and he's a friend of mine."

Thankfully, my attitude got the best of me and I spoke up. "So smartass, how long you known this idiot for?" I asked Malcolm as I layed my head on Zeno's shoulder. Malcolm looked stunned, and didnt say a word.

"Your Clayton Holmes," he mumbled under his breath. "How do you-" I started, but he interrupted me. "Your the one that was at the racetrack last weekend. You were in the security office at the same time as my brother and I."

I realized that he was talking about the stunt that had gotten me expelled from my last school. My parents signed me up for girl scouts, and we went to the racetrack for one of our badges. While the other girls were using the bathroom, I snatched the keys to all of the cars and locked them all.

"So your the pea brained imbecile that broke into one of the rooms! Well, it's good to see a familiar face."