Chapter 1

What happens in Slater Wellness & Spa, stays in Slater Wellness & Spa

***

Three months later

Three months have passed since my return from my vacation at Slater Wellness & Spa. Three months after my sinful vacation. And my life went on as if nothing had happened there. But in fact, everything was different. I was a different person. But even though my whole life had changed, no one really knew about it. Even Kelly.

Leo and I continued our friendship, even though he tried in every way to make me forgive him for breaking up with me. And to be together again. But what he didn't know was that the reason I didn't want us to get together was not that he broke my heart...

But my friends, including Leo, were my life. And I had to keep living it.

***

"Hello, darling," Mrs. Moyer greeted me. "Welcome."

"Hello, Mrs. Moyer."

I walked into the house and sat on the couch.

"Leo will come back any minute," she added.

At the same moment, Leo entered the house.

"My two favorites girls!" he exclaimed.

He kissed his mother on the cheek and approached me, handing me a large and beautiful bouquet of flowers.

"Liz, this is for you!"

"Omg, Leo. I don't have enough space in my home for more flowers..."

"I will not stop until you forgive me."

"Leo," I started defensively. "We agreed..."

"To take it slowly. I know," he hurried to add. "That's what I am doing."

"Thank you," I replied.

"So, kids," Mrs. Moyer intervened. "I just remembered that I wanted to watch the new movie... this one ... the action movie... The food is in the oven. I'll be late. Have fun!"

She picked up her bag as she spoke and hurried out of the house. Leo and I looked at each other and laughed.

"Don't mind her. I don't know who wants us to be together again more- I or she," Leo tried to explain her action and then continued. "So, a movie?"

"Will Kelly and Martin come?"

"Nope. Tonight is just the two of us."

"Oh," I exclaimed anxiously.

"Don't worry. I will not force you for anything."

"Alright. So, a movie it is. You choose."

"Spider-Man."

"When will you grow up, Leo?"

"Okay, you choose."

"Nah, it would be a bad idea," I thought.

And I agreed to watch Spider-Man. It was all so weird... Even though I had only spent a few days with Bradford, our relationship was on such a different level. He was a grown-up, settled man, an experienced man. A man with other interests, other desires, and longings. And Leo was still interested in Spider-Man and video games. And if I was enjoying these things before, now after I had tasted a whole new world, it was hard for me to keep enjoying them.

But at least, I had to try.

***

The next day