3🥀Choices

Rolling over with the comforter tangled in his legs, Namjoon woke up to soft sun rays streaming through the window and birds singing.

It's been a week since Y/n offered him the deal, he's yet to accept. But in that time he's gotten to know the main members of her gang.

Jin, Jimin, Taehyung, Yoongi, Hoseok, and Jungkook. Jin managed funding and finances, Jimin hacked into security systems and used his obvious good looks to lure in victims, Taehyung joined Y/n on smaller missions and was her body guard but would join Jimin in luring at times, Yoongi handled hacking with Jimin and drug exchanges, Hoseok was a weapons expert, and Jungkook helped teach hand-to-hand combat.

Despite the danger they lived in everyday, they were closer than family. Only Y/n and Jungkook were born in the life while the rest found their way in, how he was unsure of but Yoongi's mentioned part of his story. To the outside, they were dangerous and killers. And while it wasn't exactly incorrect, there was unity and love they had for each other than can only be found so often.

Hearing a knock on his door, he answered. Yoongi came in with a plate of breakfast, "Breakfast ended a few minutes ago. Jin told me to bring this up for you." Handing him the plate, Namjoon thanked him. "You got an answer for Y/n yet? She'll want one soon."

He looked down, he wanted to accept. All his debts paid, all his future expenses paid, he could even convince Y/n to let him help his family. All that with the promise to keep quiet. Who wouldn't accept? But he knew what his family would say if they found it. He knew he wouldn't be accepted anymore. His family's personal grudge against the mafia made it difficult for him to be in the same building as them. "Not yet, but I'll have one soon," he said, slowly spooning the scrambled eggs into his mouth.

Yoongi stared at him. His honey skin. Sharp jaw line. Pink lips. Dragon eyes. Bleach blond hair. Kim Namjoon was a five course meal with fine wine and dessert. Anyone would find him attractive.

Even though Yoongi had a preference to women, he was still bisexual. And the amount of times he caught himself daydreaming about Namjoon's lips was uncountable. He wanted to make a move on the younger, but didn't want to make him uncomfortable.

He looked up, making eye contact with the hacker. "Uh, anything else?" Namjoon asked.

Yoongi's cheeks flushed red, trying to discard his inappropriate thoughts. "No, nothing. Y/n should be here soon to take you to class. Or Jimin. Or Tae. Or Jin. I'm actually not entirely sure," he stumbled over his words, feeling more and more embarrassed as the other kept staring, "I'll just go now."

Namjoon chuckled, smiling back down at his breakfast, "Cute," he mumbled. Unless his hears were playing tricks on him, he could Yoongi make an inhuman noise from the hall, as if he heard him.

°·°

"We a have a mission today. Unless you want to be here while we plan, make an effort to go somewhere else for a few hours."

Namjoon had not, in fact, made the effort to go somewhere else for a few hours. Jackson had been avoiding him for an unknown reason making him vote against asking to stay at his place. He didn't necessarily want to see what Y/n meant by planning. He woke up in a panic-like state enough times from the shooting practices. He flinched enough when he watched Jungkook train new members.

Aimlessly walking down the street, he spotted a small coffee book shop. Knowing he didn't have enough money for a coffee or a book, as he hasn't accepted Y/n's offer yet, didn't mean he couldn't browse the books and read a few. If there were computers, he could even do research on Y/n and her mafia.

The warm air of the shop made Namjoon's cold face tingle ever so lightly. "What can I get for you?" One of the workers asked from behind the coffee counter.

"Nothing," he kindly declined, "I'm just here to browse." The barista nodded and returned their attention to something else.

An hour had passed and he managed to finish two books. Thankful none of the workers made him buy anything, he checked his phone.

23 Missed Calls - Seokjin
9 Messages - Y/n
34 Voicemails - Hoseok

"Fuck," he muttered. He called Y/n, the holding the phone up to his ear, nervous of the lecture he was about to receive.

She picked up on the first ring.

"Hel-" he was cut off.

"Kim Namjoon, do you know the information I have on you? I can get you kicked out of any and every university in the damn country if I wanted to. Lucky for you, I'm too lazy for that. But when you are repeatedly called and texted you fucking respond. What was so important you couldn't answer and send us all crazy?" Y/n said, in one breath.

He had to suppress his laugh, "I was reading and my phone was silenced. I'll keep the sound on. I'm sorry."

He headed her sigh, "Thank you, please come back here. Do you need a ride?"

He nodded, then kicked himself for thinking she could see him, "Mhm, please."

"I'll send Jin again, you seem comfortable with him. Send him your location." With that she ended the call.

°·°

As Seokjin pulled into the gravel driveway, Namjoon kept bouncing his knee. The elder noticed and placed a hand on his shoulder, "Take deep breaths," he advised, "Y/n doesn't chose violence on people who aren't trying to hurt her or her loved one's. Worst that happens is she doesn't say anything."

Nodding, Namjoon tried calming down as he climbed out of the car. Unexpectedly, Yoongi was waiting for them on the porch. "Any news?" Jin asked.

Yoongi shook his head, his worry was obvious as well as his tear-stained cheeks and red-rimmed eyes. Jin nodded and told Namjoon to go in as he stayed and comforted the small boy. (A/n small boy who would step on me bc he didn't see me💀💀)

"You said he'll be safe." Is what Namjoon heard when he entered the house. The deep voice obviously belonged to Taehyung. He was more confused than he was in his AP chemistry class.

Y/n sighed, "And we tried our best. There is always a risk. Jimin knew about it when he agreed," she tried to reason.

Taehyung's red eyes matched Yoongi's. "We need him. I need him." Taehyung started crying more into his palms. Hoseok took that his the signal to escort him into another room. Y/n turned around with a stack of files, not even glancing at the lost Namjoon.

Jungkook was sitting on the sofa. He started at the wall with a blank expression, jaw clenched. Unlike Tae and Yoongi, he had no stains of tears or red-rimmed eyes. While Namjoon didn't know him well, he knew Jungkook preferred to take his emotions out on a punching bag rather than crying it out.

Sitting next to the youngest, the tension in the air was so thick it was basically visible. "Uh," Namjoon began, "What happened?"

A tear fell out of Jungkook's eye though his expression remained blank. "Jimin got kidnap during the mission by the rival gang. He had gotten injured and, in an attempt to get to us for cover, one of the member's of the rivals got him. He's our happy virus. I'm not sure how long we'll last without him."

Namjoon nodded, he didn't speak with Jimin often, Jin was really the only one he formed a type of friendship with, but he could sense the depressing aura of the mansion without Jimin's bright giggles and cute noises. "Y/n," He began, "She'll find a way to get him back, right?"

Jungkook's jaw clenched more and his eyes narrowed, "If she doesn't I will."