The job

Beep-beep-beep, I slammed my hand down on the snooze button on my alarm clock. I sat up and yawned, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I swung my legs of the bed and slowly got up. I got dressed and left for the kitchen to find my roommate Tabitha making chocolate chip pancakes, her curly blonde hair spilling over her shoulders and down her back, her startling blue eyes fixated on her cooking, Tabitha never had bed head, she always looked perfect. meanwhile, my dirty-blonde colored hair was a frizzy mess. my grey-green eyes darted across the room, had Tabitha actually cleaned up! I sat at the table, "good morning Tabitha, is today like special or something? You cleaned up" I said and my roommate shot me a quick glare.

"Today is the day that my roommate finally gets a job!" Tabitha explained as she handed me a pancake, I took a bite.

"I told you, there aren't any jobs available!" I told her and she snorted. And I huft, taking another bite of pancake. I finished my pancake and went to brush my teeth. when I came back, Tabitha was sitting on our table, legs and arms crossed.

"Come on Jess, I saw a job in the paper, some sort of assistance at a place called, tick-tock clocks. I don't know" Tabitha explained and I snorted.

"A clock shop, really tabby" I said exasperated, shaking my head.

"Oh please Jess, you need a job!! And you said it yourself, your not going to find anything good, you might like it!!" She begged and I shook my head.

"Fine tabby, but I'm not going to like it" sighed and Tabitha gave me a big hug and pushed me out the door in my coat and I banged on the door.

"Hey wait Tabitha, I'm not even dressed I yelled as my best friend snickered on the other side of the door.