Safe Haven

Note: Dear Friends, finally some couple time for these two lovebirds, and I promise you, there's gonna be more!

Decided to post this up today for two reasons. Kim Soo Hyun's new CF for Try is being broadcast today! In addition, one of Seo Ye Ji's past post about her parents has been posted again. 

Love how hyunji shippers have been drawing parallels with regards to Try and MIR4 CF, and also comparing the pictures that Ye Ji's parents took and the screenshots of the couple today. 

Meanwhile, enjoy this new chapter! ◡̈ 

They walked towards the rental car that Manager Ryu parked earlier on and headed to their hotel accommodation.

The ride back was quiet. Soo Hyun had one hand on the steering wheel, and the other holding onto Ye Ji's hand. He knew what was on her mind after her parents subtly talked about it earlier. He intended to speak about it only if she brought it up in their conversations.

"Are you tired? You can take a nap. I will wake you up when we arrive," he said.

She nodded her head and rested. So many things had happened through the day and she needed to clear her mind, to remember the good moments and put aside the not-so-good ones.

About half an hour later, they reached the hotel. He gently tapped her shoulder and unconsciously said "Ye Ji ah, we're home."

He took her award and flowers from the back of the car while she took her time to get out from the front seat, feeling tired from a whole day out. He followed her into her room which was adjoined to his.

As Soo Hyun arranges the items around, Ye Ji went into her room to get her clothes for a shower.

"I'll take a shower," Ye Ji said.

"Would it be better if I join you?" Soo Hyun replied cheekily.

Ye Ji guffawed at the remark. His quirky comments never fail to tickle her despite her being tired out.

"There's still a bottle of your favourite wine in the cellar," Ye Ji said, changing the subject, hinting to him that they can have some alcohol to chill and relax for the night. 

"Yea, we should have a celebratory drink for tonight! Just a very sleepy you and I...," he exclaimed. Soo Hyun prepared the wine glasses and found the wine screw without difficulty.

He removed his cap and proceeded to remove the cork with the wine screw. Ye Ji finishes her shower and is now out in her long bathing robe. She walked over to Soo Hyun who was engrossed in removing the cork off the bottle of wine. What a sight it was, for her to see her man hard at work.

"You smell nice," he remarked, without looking at her as he continued to work on unplugging the cork out of the wine bottle.

"Do I?" she inched closer to him and hugged him from the back. The unexpected hug he received caused Soo Hyun to jolt, but he eased himself as he melted into her embrace.

"Thank you for everything today. I know you must have put in so much thought in preparing all these. Thank you for making everything beautiful, to keep my mind off the incident."

He turned around after removing the cork and pouring two glasses of wine. He passes a glass to Ye Ji and said, "Let's talk." He held her hand and led her to sit on the couch. This brought back memories of the scene in the show they acted together, 'It's Okay to not be Okay'.

"Are we going to re-enact the scene?" Ye Ji chuckled.

"Not unless you want to?" quipped Soo Hyun.

They sat down comfortably on the couch and Soo Hyun proposes a toast, "To our Actress Ye Ji, the most popular actress in my life!" With beaming faces, they clinked their glasses and took their first sip of wine. "Now for the biggest present for tonight. Come claim your prize," he said, lifting his arms out to her for an embrace. She grinned and snuggled against his warmth, wanting to enjoy the little time they had together before they resume their busy schedules.

He stroked her hair and kissed her head, holding her tight in his arms as she placed one hand on his chest and the other around his waist. He was glad that he could be her safe haven.